IU Baseball

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas A&M coach Rob Childress has indicated he'll likely go with John Doxakis against IU on Friday. Doxakis is a southpaw coming in at  7-5 with an ERA of 2.89. I saw his last start against Auburn in the SEC tournament in which he took a no hitter into the 8th inning. Auburn struggled to pick up the slider all night long. 

41 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

Any confirmation of Stiever starting tomorrow from Lemonis? Childress is expecting to face Stiever per his interview.

I would be shocked if it's not Stiever. He was really good in his last outing, only giving up 3 hits in 6 innings to a good UI lineup, after some avg starts. 

I still think Barr starts at second. 

Kaletha CF

Lloyd 1B

Gorski LF

Sowers RF

Miller 3B

Fineman C, Bradley DH, Barr 2B will 6-8 where in that order I'm not sure. 

Houston SS 

1 hour ago, Kendal22 said:

Texas A&M coach Rob Childress has indicated he'll likely go with John Doxakis against IU on Friday. Doxakis is a southpaw coming in at  7-5 with an ERA of 2.89. I saw his last start against Auburn in the SEC tournament in which he took a no hitter into the 8th inning. Auburn struggled to pick up the slider all night long. 

I'm an incredibly optimistic person and super bias when it comes to IU, but I'm glad they're starting a lefty. We can't hit a slider by a RHP to save our lives. (I realize it's harder because the majority of our lineup is righties but still). 

1 hour ago, Kendal22 said:

Hopefully IU brings some fans so it doesn't feel like an A&M home game. Of course all the Texas fans showing up early for their game will likely root for IU.

Austin/San Antonio has a huge alumni base there.  My younger brother and other fellow IU grads are planning on attending.  Also, I know the local chapter is drumming up some support.

Apparently ESPN hasn't watched a college baseball game all year by scheduling these games 3 hours apart. Idiots. Our game wont start on ESPN2...it'll be on the watch ESPN app though until the the OSU USC game is over that is currently in the bottom of the 7th. 

Archived