IU Baseball

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rico said:

Joe ain't stepping down to the college ranks.

Yeah. I doubt it as well.

Have talked to Joe, when he was in Denver. Have his autograph.  He really is a solid individual.  Only reason why.... I would love for him to come to IU.  Again, my dream. 

On 6/25/2018 at 11:56 AM, IU Scott said:

Man you can be arrogant can't you.  I couldn't care less what you think and I will not change my opinion that it does not look good for IU baseball to keep losing coaches.

They went to two of the top 10 jobs in college baseball. Nothing wrong with that at all. If anything, it's a good look for us to produce coaches that baseball bluebloods want.

Our fans seem to have a hard time grasping this, but the only sports where we won't lose coaches to other college programs are men's basketball and men's soccer, and with another decade of irrelevance that may not even include men's basketball anymore.

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Our fans seem to have a hard time grasping this, but the only sports where we won't lose coaches to other college programs are men's basketball and men's soccer, and with another decade of irrelevance that may not even include men's basketball anymore.

I attended IU, when IU baseball was irrelevant..  though I went to many games as I could across from McNutt.... when I lived there. 

To think what IU has risen to, not only in facilities, but making it to the College Baseball World Series.... as well as the tournament.... in like 3 of the past 4 years.... is just amazing  and appreciative to me.  Admit, I am not an avid soccer fan. However, I love the tradition IU has set in that sport.  And do watch whenever I can.... trying to keep awake as I watch. LOL  

In respect to IU basketball.... I can not fathom a time for IU to become irrelevant..... especially....now that Archie is in charge of the program. 

I do agree with you that soccer and basketball are stars of athletics.  WIth swimming coming back the the national prominence set by Doc, when I was a student and after.  And I do  believe that despite the division IU has been handed in football, that I too expect great things from our coach, and our football program. 

Expectations are high for many of our programs.  And all I have to say...... it must suck to be an Illinois fan these days.

Btw.. Mercer has at least some sort of ties to the Indy Bulls, which is huge. Idk if he played for them or coached or what, but that connection should play dividends. We grab 10-12 of the top 20 from Indiana every year our program will stay a top the big ten for the long haul. The state is producing a lot of baseball talent. 

Talked to some friends tonight that went to Franklin with him... 

He has 3 brothers, one passed away from cancer. They both said Jeff is a good guy. 

Horrible one of his brothers passed away, awful. My heart goes out to his family. I am glad he's overcome that adversity..  it'll help when connecting with our youth. I'm a Mercer fan. Let's go!!!

Archived