IU Baseball

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • snowling changed the title to Baseball Coach is Jeff Mercer ... Assistants on the way
On 7/3/2018 at 11:07 PM, btownqb said:

Looks like we might be hiring a Bulls coach. 

Dan Held. Executive director of the Bulls hired as our recruiting cord. 

Scott Rolen is being mentioned as a possibility for our hitting coach. My god,  I would cry tears of joy if so. 

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

Dan Held. Executive director of the Bulls hired as our recruiting cord. 

Scott Rolen is being mentioned as a possibility for our hitting coach. My god,  I would cry tears of joy if so. 

Didn't Rolen donate money to IU a few years back?

Quick break down- 2018 graduating class from IN in baseball... 12 kids ranked in the top 300 in the country by Perfect Game. We have 2 of those coming in next year RHP and an OF. 

Louisville got commitments from 5 of those kids (one was Snell he's obviously going pro). 

The reason I am ecstatic about getting Held from the Indiana Bulls... in this recruiting class alone, from only kids from IN (makes up the majority of their rosters, but not all). 

Snell #26 pick overall 

Players committed to: Louisville, Virginia, Wright St, Houston, Michigan x2, Duke, Eastern Michigan, East Tenn St, and John A Logan CC (Kalethas Junior College. 

That was all in one class playing for the Bulls last year... that's insane. 

We had 3 players in the top 300. Those 2 in state kids and a catcher from WI that's ranked like 220th. 

Archived