IU Baseball

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'll preface this with the fact that I am much less knowledgeable about IU baseball than IU basketball but here are a couple of impressions I got from you that make me puzzled about the draft:

1.  Lloyd going undrafted seems to be a real surprise.

2.  Milto almost seemed to be the ace of the IU staff making the lack of interest in him surprising as well.

...am I way off here?  Curious as to your thoughts.

Lloyd is a huge surprise.. because what I've been told is the MLB guys love the fact that guys can play in the field and pitch. And he obviously has a strong bat as well. I think Milto not getting drafting is a little surprising as well.. BUT I'm not surprised he's coming back.. bottom line Stiever can throw 94-95 and Milto doesn't. Herrin has a ton of potential.. he was basically all football until he got to IU. 

Other thing about Lloyd.. he plays the field really well. 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaletha CF 

Lloyd 1B

Gorski LF 

Fineman C

Bradley DH 

Walker 3B 

Ashley 2B 

Barr RF 

Houston SS 

Now... Houston has to be better than a .207 next year because Walker can for sure slide over to SS, with Barr at 3rd or 2B and Ashley at the other. The infield has a ton of interchangeable pieces. Walker to me is the key.. does he make a Gorski type jump from FR to SO year? He oozes potential from each side of the plate, he can run and play any position from 2B, SS, to 3B with ease. Dunham will push someone for time as well. 

Pitching wise we could be better than our top 5 in the country era that we had this past year. Depth in abundance. If Herrin is back you have him, Milto, Saalfrank, Beauchamp, Sommer, Lloyd, and Krueger who could all go 3 innings plus. I also am pretty sure one of the JUCO Ps is a stud judging by his numbers. You also have Sloan, Manous, and Long... with Litiwicki and Eaton. 

I obviously cannot project the incoming FR.. I simply dont know. 

Summer league wise 

Gorski and Krueger are playing together.  Houston is on a team.. all three are in the Cape cod league. 

Dunham and Eaton are in Pymouth (Eaton had a hit the other night, so that's interesting). 

Napier in Dubois Co

Long and Ashley in TH 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:38 AM, btownqb said:

Summer league wise 

Gorski and Krueger are playing together.  Houston is on a team.. all three are in the Cape cod league. 

Dunham and Eaton are in Pymouth (Eaton had a hit the other night, so that's interesting). 

Napier in Dubois Co

Long and Ashley in TH 

Kinda surprised Krueger being from Jasper isn't playing in Dubois County......

Couple of notes: 

Justin Walker went 2/4 with 2 rbis last night in his first game. He batted in the 2 hole (he could be a difference maker in that spot next year). Played 3B.

Next the JUCO kid, Tanner Gordon, I said I think is pretty good is 6'5 215lbs, so he certainly looks the part... he had a complete game 2H 19K performance earlier this year. In a 5 game span he threw 37IP 3ER 12H 60K 9BB.

http://www.loganvols.com/sports/bsb/2017-18/bios/gordon_tanner_6xfr?view=gamelog&pos=p

The JUCO position player we have coming, Carter Bridge (pretty sure he'll be competing for the RF spot... batted a .353 4HR 43RBI .440OBP 19 steals on 21 attempts. Only struck out 20 times. http://www.njcaa.org/sports/bsb/2017-18/div2/players/carterbridge9f82

Competition breeds success

25 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Anyone catch the end of the Fla/Auburn game? Went 11 and Florida wins on a "walk-off HR". I put HR in quotes because the ball ticked off the Auburn outfielders glove and bounced over the fence. Gotta feel bad for him.....

I watched the game.  For the most part, a very well-played high level game but yeah...the walk-off sucked for Auburn.

Summer league updates: 

Dunham just hit 2 HRs in one game to go along with 6 RBIs. He's batting a .330 and an obp over .400. 

Walker is around .280.. has struggled recently 

Sommer 8IP 3H 0BB 9Ks 0 runs

Krueger 3.1IP 0 runs

Barr .278 in 18ABs 

Manous 4IP 0 runs 

Houston is 1-9 at the plate.. if Walker can sure up his defense I think he takes the SS spot next year. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Summer league updates: 

Dunham just hit 2 HRs in one game to go along with 6 RBIs. He's batting a .330 and an obp over .400. 

Walker is around .280.. has struggled recently 

Sommer 8IP 3H 0BB 9Ks 0 runs

Krueger 3.1IP 0 runs

Barr .278 in 18ABs 

Manous 4IP 0 runs 

Houston is 1-9 at the plate.. if Walker can sure up his defense I think he takes the SS spot next year. 

I hope walker does I'm tired of seeing Houston swing and miss

Archived