IU Baseball

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Clemson's stadium. Incredible. Seats 6300

Yes, a lot of us midwesterners have no idea how important baseball is in the south/SEC. I wasn't aware until fairly recent years when a friend of mine moved to SC and said all the people talk about down there sports-wise is SEC Football (1) and Baseball (2). 

1 minute ago, cybergates said:

Yes, a lot of us midwesterners have no idea how important baseball is in the south/SEC. I wasn't aware until fairly recent years when a friend of mine moved to SC and said all the people talk about down there sports-wise is SEC Football (1) and Baseball (2). 

oh absolutely... we talk up here about basketball... but in the south basketball is an after thought compared to the other two. ESPECIALLY outside of the Atlanta area which has fantastic basketball. 

You have to add the ACC to this discussion though. I know you said the South, but I just want to mention them... they are absolutely as into their football and baseball as the SEC. 

check this pic out... this is the left field stands at Clemson lol 

https://www.google.com/search?q=clemson+baseball+stadium&rlz=1C1KYPB_enUS682US682&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilxb_Dm_vaAhVI7oMKHfiPBUMQ_AUICygC&biw=1440&bih=794&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=pDUc6PwqXmgbnM:

No. 19 Indiana at Nebraska | May 11-13 | Lincoln, Neb.
Series Schedule Coverage Projected Starters
Indiana vs. Nebraska
Friday - 7:35 p.m. ET
Watch Listen | Stats IU - RHP Jonathan Stiever (5-3, 2.86)
UN - RHP Matt Waldron (5-3, 4.26)
Indiana vs. Minnesota
Saturday - 3:05 p.m. ET 
Watch Listen | Stats IU - RHP Pauly Milto (5-2, 2.13)
UN - RHP Luis Alvarado (3-5, 4.12)
Indiana vs. Minnesota
Sunday - 12:05 p.m. ET 
Watch Listen | Stats IU - LHP Tim Herrin (3-0, 3.13)
UN - RHP Matt Warren (4-3, 5.36)
Social: Twitter | Instagram //  Game Notes: Indiana | Nebraska

Finally Milto is back as the Saturday starter. We have lost 8 of our last 10 BUT 5 of those games are by 1 run. We have to start executing for 9 innings, that's the bottom line. We also have a 2 run loss, and a 3 run loss in those 8 as well. 

We have got to take a step back and relax. Patience at the plate, no two out walks. 

Right now we would be the 7 seed vs Michigan in the tourney. 

Thanks for starting this thread, btownqb ... and thanks to so many HSN contributors for your observations and reflections.  GBR!

Just a reminder, we post updates on the IU Baseball Team on the Other IU Sports board: 
http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/forum/12-other-iu-sports/

I am passionate about all Indiana Athletic Teams (24 Sports/One Team) and sort of coordinate that board; some might say dominate or 'Bogart' that board.  I try to cover the various team's news in general, but concentrate on those that are ranked and/or doing well (Baseball, S&D, T&F, Soccer, IUWBB, Water Polo, Rowing, Softball, Little 500, etc.).

I post a lot of news link updates and try to organize them around a Baseball series (IU/UN) or an event (IU hosting the B10 T&F Outdoor Championships).  On occasion, I cover a game in a flowing summary (innings, quarters or as there are score changes) and may offer some opinion.

At any rate, this thread has been a wonderful ongoing discussion on IU Baseball.  I would welcome you to visit the Other IU Sports board.  In addition, I would welcome your contribution, comment and discussion there on any and all IU Sports.

I know some of you have passions for other sports as well.  Let us hear from you!  Please drop by and visit the Other IU Sports board.  Lastly, in your reading and review of the Other IU board, please let me know if you have any suggestions on organization and such.

Thanks much in advance for your support, contributions and interest.

Steve

Go Hoosiers!

51 minutes ago, snowling said:

Thanks for starting this thread, btownqb ... and thanks to so many HSN, contributors for you observations and reflections.  GBR!

Just a reminder, we post updates on the IU Baseball Team on the Other IU Sports board: 
http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/index.php?/forum/12-other-iu-sports/

I am passionate about all Indiana Athletic Teams (24 Sports/One Team) and sort of coordinate that board; some might say dominate or 'Bogart' that board.  I try to cover the various team's news in general, but concentrate on those that are ranked and/or doing well (Baseball, S&D, T&F, Soccer, IUWBB, Water Polo, Rowing, Softball, Little 500, etc.).

I post a lot of news link updates and try to organize them around a Baseball series (IU/UN) or an event (IU hosting th B10 T&F Outdoor Championships).  On occasion, I cover a game in a flowing summary (innings, quarters or as there are score changes) and may offer some opinion.

At any rate, this thread has been a wonderful ongoing discussion on IU Baseball.  I would welcome you to visit the Other IU Sports board.  In addition, I would welcome your contribution, comment and discussion there on any and all IU Sports.

I know some of you have passions for other sports as well.  Let us hear from you!  Please drop by and visit the Other IU Sports board.  Lastly, in your reading and review of the Other IU board, please let me know if you have any suggestions on organization and such.

Thanks much in advance for your support, contributions and interest.

Steve

Go Hoosiers!

This guy is fantastic. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Ughh just realized I'll be coaching basketball the entire first weekend of June, so I won't be attending the regional wherever it maybe :(

You may not have to worry about it. At the rate this is going, you may not even have to reschedule your plans the week before then.

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yeah I mean we aren't playing well

Swept by Minnesota and Ohio St. Couple more losses. Feels like 30 days ago we were talking hosting Regionals....now I just hope we make the tournament. Only thing helping us right is our RPI.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Swept by Minnesota and Ohio St. Couple more losses. Feels like 30 days ago we were talking hosting Regionals....now I just hope we make the tournament. Only thing helping us right is our RPI.

OSU didn't sweep us. 

58 minutes ago, btownqb said:

OSU didn't sweep us. 

Sorry. Saw the 4 losses in a row on schedule. We won the first...lost 2 to Ohio St and lost to Illinois/Purdue during that stretch. 3-9 over last 12. Hopefully they can rally here. As I said...only thing right now keeping them in tourney is RPI.

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry. Saw the 4 losses in a row on schedule. We won the first...lost 2 to Ohio St and lost to Illinois/Purdue during that stretch. 3-9 over last 12. Hopefully they can rally here. As I said...only thing right now keeping them in tourney is RPI.

Well.. to be fair that's what baseball largely goes off of? Lol 

Archived