IU Baseball

With the later evening start (6pm) we should be good weather wise. 63 degrees at first pitch. 

I assume Manous gets the start. He, Kreuger, Sommer probably see the work tonight. Our kids probably didn't get into their rooms until 12:15-1230 last night. Find a way to win today and get some rest!! 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope you had a great time. Can't believe that ballpark is 22 years old. Whenever I go to watch a game I'm reminded how quickly Indy has changed in 2 decades. Great to see a win for the good guys too!

Make me feel really old I remember walking across the street from McNutt my freshman year to catch a game . Has it really been that long ago 

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Make me feel really old I remember walking across the street from McNutt my freshman year to catch a game . Has it really been that long ago 

Yep. When I arrived in Bloomington in 1991 besides IU hoops/football I was so excited to watch Big 10 college baseball. Sadly...my high school had better facilities. How things change!

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why not?

We have a college world series appearance, two Big Ten titles and five NCAA tourney appearances in the last decade. We also have an incredible stadium and great fan support. Purdue has a long, long way to go to catch up with that. .500 seasons and the 100th ranked recruiting class aren't going to get you there.

Incredible game last night. We won 9-8 in 14 innings. We started the game off down 6-1 and battled back. 

We are to the point where we are getting everyone's best game. 

Tommy Sommer (FR) went 4.1 giving up 4Hs and 1BB

Andrew Saalfrank went 3.0 striking out 7 

We need good starts out of Stiever and Milto Fri and Sat

Sommer isn't going to pitch anymore this week, neither will Herrin, and maybe not Saalfrank. 

Manous and Sloan probably couldn't pitch until Saturday. 

So, basically for Friday night... we have Stiever, Kreuger, Lloyd, and Sabol. 

I know I'm getting the proverbial cart in front of the horse, but when I read locking down the southern half of the State in baseball, it reminds me of what my 10 year old grandson had said to me recently. We were talking about college baseball and he says he'd like to go to LSU, because they usually have good teams. I said, you need to look at what IU is doing, with a WS appearance and that's where Schwarber went to school, he says "He did". He seemed to be impressed. Now I know this kid is only 10, but he eats and slleps baseball and would play the game every day if he could. I know I'm biased, but he is a pretty decent ball player, on his All-Star teams, good pitcher, first baseman and really good hitter. In his first game tonight, he went 2 for 2 with an RBI and a run scored. Pitched the last 2 innings for the win and struck out 5 of 6 hitters he faced. So.....  Who knows??

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know I'm getting the proverbial cart in front of the horse, but when I read locking down the southern half of the State in baseball, it reminds me of what my 10 year old grandson had said to me recently. We were talking about college baseball and he says he'd like to go to LSU, because they usually have good teams. I said, you need to look at what IU is doing, with a WS appearance and that's where Schwarber went to school, he says "He did". He seemed to be impressed. Now I know this kid is only 10, but he eats and slleps baseball and would play the game every day if he could. I know I'm biased, but he is a pretty decent ball player, on his All-Star teams, good pitcher, first baseman and really good hitter. In his first game tonight, he went 2 for 2 with an RBI and a run scored. Pitched the last 2 innings for the win and struck out 5 of 6 hitters he faced. So.....  Who knows??

Gotta keep the game fun for him and maintain the drive to be the best, and the sky is the limit.

4 hours ago, slojoe said:

IU lost again on Sunday in 12 by 6-5.

Yes.. We weren't good enough on Sat and Sun in "clutch" situations. We gave up a lot of 2 strike hits and didn't capitalize on our own opportunities. But.. We still only lost by 1 each day, our pen was depleted, and Pauly didn't pitch this weekend, plus OSU is a tourney team. Little worried about who'll start against Purdue this week though. 

On 04/23/2018 at 12:45 PM, btownqb said:

Yes.. We weren't good enough on Sat and Sun in "clutch" situations. We gave up a lot of 2 strike hits and didn't capitalize on our own opportunities. But.. We still only lost by 1 each day, our pen was depleted, and Pauly didn't pitch this weekend, plus OSU is a tourney team. Little worried about who'll start against Purdue this week though. 

It's all your fault btownqb as IU has lost 3 in a row since you started singing their praises (just kidding)!  I watched the IU/Purdue game last night along with the Cubs/Indians and Pacers/Cavs.  The "trifecta of woe".  The IU/Purdue game was pretty odd.  The Purdue batter squaring around to bunt which wound up with him going to 1B on HBP.  Coach Lemonis was pretty hot about that.  Hopefully IU will get going in B1G as we are only 5th now.  UM undefeated, but they haven't played anybody in the top of the B1G, yet.

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

It's all your fault btownqb as IU has lost 3 in a row since you started singing their praises (just kidding)!  I watched the IU/Purdue game last night along with the Cubs/Indians and Pacers/Cavs.  The "trifecta of woe".  The IU/Purdue game was pretty odd.  The Purdue batter squaring around to bunt which wound up with him going to 1B on HBP.  Coach Lemonis was pretty hot about that.  Hopefully IU will get going in B1G as we are only 5th now.  UM undefeated, but they haven't played anybody in the top of the B1G, yet.

Right.. conference regular season titles don't mean much because of unbalanced scheduling. We didn't drop in the conference though last night though because weirdly enough... that wasn't considered a conference game lol

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Right.. conference regular season titles don't mean much because of unbalanced scheduling. We didn't drop in the conference though last night though because weirdly enough... that wasn't considered a conference game lol

Why wasn’t that considered a conference game? Very strange. 

51 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Because you play 24 conference games, it wouldn't be fair to have 25 conference games and some of have 24. We played Rutgers as well this year in an out of conference game. 

52 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don't know for sure, but I think it is because the conference wants to keep control of the schedule.  If you have teams scheduling extra games on their own initiative, it's hard to control the conference schedule.  If you remember, IU and Purdue a few years ago played a non-conference game against each other because they were scheduled to play only once in regular B1G season.

Archived