IU Baseball

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking ahead.. Herrin will start tomorrow.

Beauchamp sucked today but he can throw tomorrow for sure. Lloyd is good to go. Saalfrank still hasn't been used. Sabol hasn't been good but he's good to go as well. Sommer would be good to go as well also. 

Looking way ahead... Krueger threw 3.1 today but he could pitch again on Sunday (I think). Doubt we see Milto again. 

We probably won't use Saalfrank or we will really try to stay away from it and start him on Sat if we're fortunate enough to get there. We need Minnesota to win tonight because we will be going against their 1 or 2 if not. They pitched their #3 last night 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Looking ahead.. Herrin will start tomorrow.

Beauchamp sucked today but he can throw tomorrow for sure. Lloyd is good to go. Saalfrank still hasn't been used. Sabol hasn't been good but he's good to go as well. Sommer would be good to go as well also. 

Looking way ahead... Krueger threw 3.1 today but he could pitch again on Sunday (I think). Doubt we see Milto again. 

We probably won't use Saalfrank or we will really try to stay away from it and start him on Sat if we're fortunate enough to get there. We need Minnesota to win tonight because we will be going against their 1 or 2 if not. They pitched their #3 last night 

Love your info btown.

New updates. 

Sommer isnt pitching tomorrow. He threw 32 today. 

I do think Krueger could pitch Sunday. 1-2 innings. 

Saalfrank I highly doubt is pitching tomorrow unless Herrin can't find it tomorrow, so he would be able to start Saturday morning if needed. 

Two guys to keep an eye on... Kryzsko and Hobbie. 2 SRs. If we make a run in this tourney... we are going to need 2-3 innings out of each of them. Only way this will work. Hope it's a problem. Do you job again tomorrow Hoosiers. 

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nice win but equally impressive choke by Sparty. Yikes. 

You salty bro? More like some timely hitting. Not like Sparta walked in runs or made errors. Just happened our dude hit a good curveball 400 feet to tie the game... I see Pursuck won so I'm gonna say Michigan chocked lol no Pursuck played a good game from what I watched. Tip for ya You want some credit around here don't be biased and just shoot it straight. I don't like your school but I'm not afraid to admit if they are good and I'll tell you if i think they are going to lose like i did In basketball. 

26 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

You salty bro? More like some timely hitting. Not like Sparta walked in runs or made errors. Just happened our dude hit a good curveball 400 feet to tie the game... I see Pursuck won so I'm gonna say Michigan chocked lol no Pursuck played a good game from what I watched. Tip for ya You want some credit around here don't be biased and just shoot it straight. I don't like your school but I'm not afraid to admit if they are good and I'll tell you if i think they are going to lose like i did In basketball. 

Why would I be salty? Purdue went from being outside of the tournament to comfortably in within a matter of about a week and a half. Im thrilled!

Yeah it was some timely hitting on your guys part and I’ll give them credit. I also think MSU let one slip away too. Both Purdue and IU came up clutch when they needed to today. 

11 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why would I be salty? Purdue went from being outside of the tournament to comfortably in within a matter of about a week and a half. Im thrilled!

Yeah it was some timely hitting on your guys part and I’ll give them credit. I also think MSU let one slip away too. Both Purdue and IU came up clutch when they needed to today. 

Sounded salty because it was an inaccurate statement. If Michigan st would of actually made errors or did something that would of been "choke" worthy i would of agreed with you. Gorski is just really good and hit a good pitch a mile in a clutch situation. 

Pursuck looks good. Don't know much about your coach but he seems legit since you only won 10 games last year. when's last time you guys made the tournament? Have you ever been to World Series? 

13 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Sounded salty because it was an inaccurate statement. If Michigan st would of actually made errors or did something that would of been "choke" worthy i would of agreed with you. Gorski is just really good and hit a good pitch a mile in a clutch situation. 

Pursuck looks good. Don't know much about your coach but he seems legit since you only won 10 games last year. when's last time you guys made the tournament? Have you ever been to World Series? 

Purdue won 29 last year in his first season as coach. 10 wins was 2 years ago and got the previous coach fired. Last tournament appearance was 2012 and nope don’t think they’ve made World Series. 

21 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Minnesota beat Illinois last night, so we get Illinois tonight in an elimination game. Beat Illinois and we then have to sweep a doubleheader with Purdue on Saturday.

Ut oh.  I don't like that.

56 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Minnesota beat Illinois last night, so we get Illinois tonight in an elimination game. Beat Illinois and we then have to sweep a doubleheader with Purdue on Saturday.

I thought it was Illinois tonight, then the Michigan-OSU winner, then the Purdue-Minnesota loser, then we'd have to beat the winner of that game twice.

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I thought it was Illinois tonight, then the Michigan-OSU winner, then the Purdue-Minnesota loser, then we'd have to beat the winner of that game twice.

No. DJ is correct... if we win tonight, we switch "brackets" and would move to play Purdue Saturday afternoon and would have to beat them twice. Sunday is a just a one game for any team involved. 

Even if we sweep Purdue... and Minnesota hasn't lost or something like that, we would still only have to beat them once. 

Hope that makes sense. 

14 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Basically they do it this way because they only want one game on Sunday. 

I saw a post on another site that said something along the lines of "I was about to shut off the TV when Gorski hit that bomb"..... oh so you were going to shut the game off when there were 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th with 2 runners on? Idiot.

Going to vent for a second... In baseball we have had literally NO success until the past 8-9 years and in the that time frame we have the most total wins, conference wins, and regional appearances. Did we under perform in the conference this year a little? Yes, but two of our studs missed a lot of time during that time period. I get so sick of people being so bandwagon. Be a friggin fan.. that's what makes the winning so much better is when you struggled through the losing. 

We didn't play well Wed evening and got beat... so friggin what?? It's not the end of the world. I see people on other sites calling for Lemonis's job... like are you an idiot? No. That dude can flat out coach and is a big time recruiter. There is literally no team in the B1G in a better spot as a whole program than we are right now. 

(this rant is MOSTLY if not all about people from other sites and in person, this board doesn't do a bad job of sticking with the teams though post game threads in basketball after a loss can be a bit ridiculous)

Bottom line.. be a fan.  

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I saw a post on another site that said something along the lines of "I was about to shut off the TV when Gorski hit that bomb"..... oh so you were going to shut the game off when there were 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th with 2 runners on? Idiot.

Going to vent for a second... In baseball we have had literally NO success until the past 8-9 years and in the that time frame we have the most total wins, conference wins, and regional appearances. Did we under perform in the conference this year a little? Yes, but two of our studs missed a lot of time during that time period. I get so sick of people being so bandwagon. Be a friggin fan.. that's what makes the winning so much better is when you struggled through the losing. 

We didn't play well Wed evening and got beat... so friggin what?? It's not the end of the world. I see people on other sites calling for Lemonis's job... like are you an idiot? No. That dude can flat out coach and is a big time recruiter. There is literally no team in the B1G in a better spot as a whole program than we are right now. 

(this rant is MOSTLY if not all about people from other sites and in person, this board doesn't do a bad job of sticking with the teams though post game threads in basketball after a loss can be a bit ridiculous)

Bottom line.. be a fan.  

I love where IU baseball is now! Have the best park or facilities in the BIG and in the regionals practically every year. I like Lemonis to he sells the program well. At first I wasn't sure about Glass but you gotta be impressed. All of our major sports programs are on the rise. Really exciting times right now but yes being a fan through all the tough times but still watching every game you could makes it that much sweeter when your team has success! 

Also no matter how hard you try some people like the ones calling for Lemonis job just don't have any sense. There are good fans and fans that make you cringe with every team though. Just what it is. 

4 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I love where IU baseball is now! Have the best park or facilities in the BIG and in the regionals practically every year. I like Lemonis to he sells the program well. At first I wasn't sure about Glass but you gotta be impressed. All of our major sports programs are on the rise. Really exciting times right now but yes being a fan through all the tough times but still watching every game you could makes it that much sweeter when your team has success! 

Also no matter how hard you try some people like the ones calling for Lemonis job just don't have any sense. There are good fans and fans that make you cringe with every team though. Just what it is. 

Yes you're right. I just wish others would recognize that teams on the other side of the field or the other dugout have talent and want to win just as badly as we do. 

Archived