IU Baseball

12 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I love where IU baseball is now! Have the best park or facilities in the BIG and in the regionals practically every year. I like Lemonis to he sells the program well. At first I wasn't sure about Glass but you gotta be impressed. All of our major sports programs are on the rise. Really exciting times right now but yes being a fan through all the tough times but still watching every game you could makes it that much sweeter when your team has success! 

Also no matter how hard you try some people like the ones calling for Lemonis job just don't have any sense. There are good fans and fans that make you cringe with every team though. Just what it is. 

Is football on the rise? I’d say that remains to be seen right now to be honest. Agree re basketball and baseball though. 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Is football on the rise? I’d say that remains to be seen right now. Agree re basketball and baseball though. 

Football is should have been bowl of it weren't for Wilson, bowl, bowl, 5-7... 

Yes.. it's on the rise. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Is football on the rise? I’d say that remains to be seen right now. Agree re basketball and baseball though. 

Yes I really really like Allen. We are recruiting really well and you can see the culture changing around the program!  Although our offensive coordinator Is not the greatest. I'd like to see us get somebody that's a little younger and more creative. No matter who we have as coach though it's going to be extremely tough being in the best division in college football. 

I think Brohm is probably better than Allen but I've felt like he is using you guys as a stepping stone? What's your unbiased opinion on that? I think Allen will be here for as long as we want him and with that being said I'm excited to give him a solid 4 years to see what he can do! Great man to lead the program and hopefully he provides the X's and O's to get it done to. Love what he has done with the defense. Tough on D. 

5 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Yes I really really like Allen. We are recruiting really well and you can see the culture changing around the program!  Although our offensive coordinator Is not the greatest. I'd like to see us get somebody that's a little younger and more creative. No matter who we have as coach though it's going to be extremely tough being in the best division in college football. 

I think Brohm is probably better than Allen but I've felt like he is using you guys as a stepping stone? What's your unbiased opinion on that? I think Allen will be here for as long as we want him and with that being said I'm excited to give him a solid 4 years to see what he can do! Great man to lead the program and hopefully he provides the X's and O's to get it done to. Love what he has done with the defense. Tough on D. 

Not worried about DeBord at all. Last year wasn't his norm. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not worried about DeBord at all. Last year wasn't his norm. 

Hope so! BIG is loaded with great young coaches. I expect the West division to really take off next few years with Brohm, Frost, and fleck in it. If BIG isn't the best conference in football already it will be soon. crazy how mediocre the conference was in football and how great we were in basketball and now somehow it's kind of flip flopped. 

32 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Not sure re stepping stone. Could see him leaving but would be surprised if it was anything but a blue blood program. I think he’s a Midwest guy and would likely stay around there. Purdue has finally made a legit commitment to the football program with salary for coaching staff and with facilities. I think Purdue would do whatever it takes financially to keep Brohm long term. The level of prospect interested in Purdue this recruiting class hasn’t been seen since the peak of the Tiller era and it might even be better than that. Love the way our football program is trending right now. 

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure re stepping stone. Could see him leaving but would be surprised if it was anything but a blue blood program. I think he’s a Midwest guy and would likely stay around there. Purdue has finally made a legit commitment to the football program with salary for coaching staff and with facilities. I think Purdue would do whatever it takes financially to keep Brohm long term. The level of prospect interested in Purdue this recruiting class hasn’t been seen since the peak of the Tiller era and it might even be better than that. Love the way our football program is trending right now. 

If Tennessee didn't handle it's hiring practices like a summer intern at McDonald's Brohm would already be in Knoxville. I think he's a really good coach...but don't make long term plans with him like Purdue did with Painter. Brohm wanted to leave. He'll do the same again next January. 

Archived