IU Baseball

No. 19 Indiana vs. Maryland  | May 17-19 | Bloomington, Ind.

Series Schedule Coverage Projected Starters
Indiana vs. Maryland
Thursday - 7 p.m. ET - BTN
Watch Listen | Stats IU - RHP Jonathan Stiever (5-4, 2.98)
UMD - RHP Hunter Parsons (5-2, 3.47)
Indiana vs. Maryland
Friday - 6:05 p.m. ET 
Watch Listen | Stats IU - RHP Pauly Milto (6-2, 2.04)
UMD - RHP Taylor Bloom (3-7, 4.92)
Indiana vs. Maryland
Saturday - 2:05 p.m. ET 
Watch Listen | Stats IU - LHP Tim Herrin (4-0, 3.00)
UMD - RHP Mark DiLuia (3-4, 5.17)

Social: Twitter | Instagram //  Game Notes: Indiana | Maryland

Here we go!!! 

Game moved to 6pm tonight because of the threat of rain. Wish they could have moved it to 5. I expect the same lineup as Tuesday night for this whole series.

Beauchamp wont pitch this week. 

I don't think Sommer, Saalfrank, and Sabol would pitch tonight.  

Tonight seems like a Stiever, Krueger, Lloyd night, unless it's a 1 batter type situation.. then maybe one of the three from above could get a nod. 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boom. 

Miller hits a 3 run bomb in the bottom of the 8th. (2nd of the game). 

We win 6-5 after trailing all game. 

After Miller homered, they threw at Fineman, their pitcher was tossed... their catcher should have been as well.. he shoved Fineman for no reason. And then of all things their coach actually argued with the ump. Total punks. 

Maryland are full on punks man. #41 is spoiled brat. Every single thing that doesn't go his way he whines.. its honestly ridiculous. 

I hope we beat the bejesus out of them tomorrow. Milto was solid. Saalfrank has nasty stuff.. Houston and Kaletha drawing walks in the 6th was huge. 

I was at the game. Ump behind plate was horrible. Not a fan of the Maryland players they seem like a bunch of babies. Hard to tell a whole lot from one game but seems like our lineup doesn't have much drop off besides Houston. Solid lineup With power spread throughout it. Getting Milto back was huge! Excited for the Postseason I like this squad! Noticed today that the entire starting lineup was from Indiana besides one guy which is pretty cool! 

52 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I was at the game. Ump behind plate was horrible. Not a fan of the Maryland players they seem like a bunch of babies. Hard to tell a whole lot from one game but seems like our lineup doesn't have much drop off besides Houston. Solid lineup With power spread throughout it. Getting Milto back was huge! Excited for the Postseason I like this squad! Noticed today that the entire starting lineup was from Indiana besides one guy which is pretty cool! 

Houston, Bradley, Fineman, Lloyd. None of them are from IN. Was this your first game this year? Great weather for it!!! 

Couple of notes: 

We can still be the 5 seed (though I don't think we want to). If OSU loses and we win, we are the 5 seed. 

Purdue looks like they'll win tonight.. so if they win tomorrow, they're the 2 seed and UM is the 3 seed. I am pretty the tiebreaker is overall record and not head to head.. could be wrong. 

Here are the scenarios... 

Minny vs. Mich St- 1/8

OSU vs UI - 4/5

Michigan/Purdue vs IU - 3/6

Purdue/Michigan vs Iowa- 2/7 

Orrrrrr.... 

Minny vs MSU

UI vs IU

Michigan/Purdue vs. OSU 

Michigan/Purdue vs Iowa. 

Telling ya.. our pitching depth: guys that can go 3 innings plus: Stiever, Milto, Herrin, Saalfrank, Beauchamp, Sommer, Manous, Krueger is going to come into affect in these tournaments.  

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Houston, Bradley, Fineman, Lloyd. None of them are from IN. Was this your first game this year? Great weather for it!!! 

Really? What the heck was I hearing then?lol guess I was on my own planet during the starting lineup. I heard the one guy was from Canada can't remember who but could of swore everyone else was from Indiana but you know a lot more about the team than me. Also yes it was my first game I usually try to make it to at least one a year. New Scoreboard looks awesome! 

6 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Really? What the heck was I hearing then?lol guess I was on my own planet during the starting lineup. I heard the one guy was from Canada can't remember who but could of swore everyone else was from Indiana but you know a lot more about the team than me. Also yes it was my first game I usually try to make it to at least one a year. New Scoreboard looks awesome! 

New scoreboard adds so much! 

Yes Houston is from IL, Fineman CA, Bradley from NJ and Lloyd from Canada. 

We do play a ton of kids from IN though: Sowers, Gorski, Kaletha, Miller, Milto, Ashley, Dunham, Kruger, Sommer, Beauchamp, Walker, Barr, Long, Sloan, Manous, Herrin, Crail, Saalfrank. And a few others. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Btown, what scenarios would have to unfold for Purdue to play IU assuming Purdue wins game 2 against Michigan (which will be resumed at 1:00 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th with Purdue up 6-3)?

I'm pretty sure head to head doesn't factor in. So Purdue has to win today and the second game today to be the 2. We have no chance of being the 7. 

If we win and OSU loses we're the 5. Purdue can't be the 4. 

If OSU wins and Purdue loses one of their games today its IU vs. Purdue. 

Again this is assuming head to head doesn't matter. I think I heard that. Could be wrong. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm pretty sure head to head doesn't factor in. So Purdue has to win today and the second game today to be the 2. We have no chance of being the 7. 

If we win and OSU loses we're the 5. Purdue can't be the 4. 

If OSU wins and Purdue loses one of their games today its IU vs. Purdue. 

Again this is assuming head to head doesn't matter. I think I heard that. Could be wrong. 

Purdue just won the series and clinched the 2 seed. Assuming that means there’s no way we play you? I’m thinking we’d play Iowa. 

32 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue just won the series and clinched the 2 seed. Assuming that means there’s no way we play you? I’m thinking we’d play Iowa. 

Is that what BTN said? If that's true.. then head to head does matter. 

45 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah once we won the first 2 games against Michigan, we locked in the 2 seed. So we could play you or naw?

We lose, Iowa wins. We would play. If not we will play Michigan in the 3/6 matchup or ILL in the 4/5 game. 

Ws. 

Brooms. 

Eff Maryland. 

We won 13-3. Sowers went yard twice. He finished 4-5 with 2 singles 2 HRs and 5 RBIs. 

Herrin was good with 3H 1BB and 1ER in 6 innings. He had only thrown 80 pitches through 6.. could have at least worked into the 8th if needed be. 

6 game win streak. First 3 of those being on the road. The Maryland wins were all top 100 wins, so by no means was this sweep something to bat an eye at. 

We get ILL in the 4/5 matchup. 

I expect Stiever to start, in hopes of playing in Minnesota in the 2nd game and pitch Milto against them (they haven't seen Milto). 

We're in a good spot. Have to get game 1 though. 

Archived