Jahmius Ramsey Cuts IU

46 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

2 CB picks for Louisville tonight, including Brian Snow. 

Am I the only one confused as to why the staff hasn't been recruiting him really hard? We're going to need a guard to fill Romeo's role next year and he's the best combo guard we have a realistic shot at.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Am I the only one confused as to why the staff hasn't been recruiting him really hard? We're going to need a guard to fill Romeo's role next year and he's the best combo guard we have a realistic shot at.

Or maybe he isnt?

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well we just offered Franklin. Maybe we dont think we have any shot at Ramsey or maybe we think Franklin is better. 

Idk, seems like a big head scratcher to me. Our biggest needs for next year's roster are a center and a guard. Romeo is likely gone after this season and based on who we have handed offers to, we're already down to 4 guys (Carton, Lewis, Ramsey, Franklin). We already have Phinisee, so I'd think that a shooting guard/combo guard would be more ideal.  Hence why it's weird to me that the staff wouldn't spend more time on Ramsey or at least have offered Franklin sooner. It may be too little too late with his recruitment.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Idk, seems like a big head scratcher to me. Our biggest needs for next year's roster are a center and a guard. Romeo is likely gone after this season and based on who we have handed offers to, we're already down to 4 guys (Carton, Lewis, Ramsey, Franklin). We already have Phinisee, so I'd think that a shooting guard/combo guard would be more ideal.  Hence why it's weird to me that the staff wouldn't spend more time on Ramsey or at least have offered Franklin sooner. It may be too little too late with his recruitment.

Idk. I dont really question the staff when it comes to recruiting. They simply have 1000% more info than I do. 

Had an interesting conversation with a friend from New Albany this evening. I know it’s very, very early and we haven’t really even began the 18-19 season officially... BUT, we may want to pump the brakes on Romeo being a one and done. He seems to believe that unless Romeo goes in the lottery, he’ll be back. We shall see. To be honest, I can’t see Romeo not going high in next year’s draft though.

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Had an interesting conversation with a friend from New Albany this evening. I know it’s very, very early and we haven’t really even began the 18-19 season officially... BUT, we may want to pump the brakes on Romeo being a one and done. He seems to believe that unless Romeo goes in the lottery, he’ll be back. We shall see. To be honest, I can’t see Romeo not going high in next year’s draft though.

I’m pretty certain that next years draft class is weak. Cal was actively trying to get Knox to come back because he thought he could get him even higher in next years draft. Cal rarely advocates his players to turn down the money.

7 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Romeo being a two year player is a real possibility.

1 hour ago, Fundamentals said:

Romeo is gone after 1 season.  The only reason he would not be would be injury.  

I too, think he'll be gone, although we'll know a lot more after we see him play a few games against high D1 level talent.  At the same time, all the whispers about him staying are interesting to hear.

I don't understand how anyone can say Romeo is a lock to be a one and done. It may be fair to say he is a lock that he will have that choice, but we have nothing from Romeo quotes or insiders to indicate that he has already decided that to be the case and we have very recently had a player in our program turn down being a lottery pick to come back for a sophomore season. 

47 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't understand how anyone can say Romeo is a lock to be a one and done. It may be fair to say he is a lock that he will have that choice, but we have nothing from Romeo quotes or insiders to indicate that he has already decided that to be the case and we have very recently had a player in our program turn down being a lottery pick to come back for a sophomore season. 

He's a guaranteed top 10 pick that is why.  Very, very few players come back given that circumstance.  Obviously he could be one of those rare few.

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's a guaranteed top 10 pick that is why.  Very, very few players come back given that circumstance.  Obviously he could be one of those rare few.

I understand that and even said as much in my post. But unless someone knows him or has some evidence of him to go off of, I don't understand the assumption into his decision making and priorities. 

8 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.3405ac6aa9947fcae131e9ea04f1b619.png

I saw that after his recent visit he said that he might now be interested in "speeding up" his recruitment. Pretty sad that a school that has an FBI investigation looming over them is doing better than us right now in terms of recruiting for next year. 

28 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I saw that after his recent visit he said that he might now be interested in "speeding up" his recruitment. Pretty sad that a school that has an FBI investigation looming over them is doing better than us right now in terms of recruiting for next year. 

I guess if you count they have one commit vs our zero they are doing better than us, but if you look at how we stand with 2019 recruits vs them, I wouldn't say they're doing better than us. It does suck that they're not experiencing a drop off in interest with recruits, but given that the FBI told the NCAA not to take any action until they're done with their investigation (which will take years), the recruits aren't likely to be afraid to go there at this time.

17 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I guess if you count they have one commit vs our zero they are doing better than us, but if you look at how we stand with 2019 recruits vs them, I wouldn't say they're doing better than us. It does suck that they're not experiencing a drop off in interest with recruits, but given that the FBI told the NCAA not to take any action until they're done with their investigation (which will take years), the recruits aren't likely to be afraid to go there at this time.

Idk, I beg to differ. Right now they are projected to have a class of Josh Nickleberry (Top 60, SG), Jaelyn Withers (Top 75, PF), Jahmius Ramsey (Top 35, CG), David Johnson (Top 100, CG), Orlando Robinson (Top 100, C). 

For us, the only kid we are clear leaders for is TJD...

I understand that their facilities haven't changed as a result of this investigation and that Mack is a good coach, just saying it sucks knowing that kids are more excited to play for a program that could potentially face major sanctions. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

It is in the middle of June so no reason to worry right now.  We are probably in the lead for two top 15 players in TJD and Brooks and are in the mix for 3 or 4 other 4 or 5 star players.

Archived