Jahmius Ramsey Cuts IU

From Borzello - 

Ramsey, despite saying he wants to wait until the spring for a decision, is in the midst of a string of visits. He visited Texas Tech last weekend, and will go to Indiana, Miami and Oregon over the next month. The Red Raiders have some momentum here.

Williamson visited Kansas two weekends ago, and then hit Texas A&Mlast weekend. Those two are viewed as the biggest competition for Louisville, which has made Williamson its priority on the wing. Oklahomaand Texas Tech are also still on Williamson's list.

Jahmi'us Ramsey prediction

Louisville confidence level: 35 percent

Others in the mix: Texas Tech, Indiana, Miami, Oregon

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/24648372/hot-board-official-visits-elite-2019-2020-prospects

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of things pulling him in several directions. The moving back to Texas thing. Plenty of playing time and would be the focus of the offense in a Louisville rebuild. Could follow up Romeo and slide right into a starting role with the Hoosiers. Oklahoma just showed they were willing to let a kid shoot from 35 feet out every time down and tailored the team around him...so clearly he can imagine getting free reign there! I just hope he takes his time....I think in the spring we would still be his best option when another spot opens up because Smith goes pro! (I just feel he is going to break out)

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Doesn't obviously sound good for us then. Maybe the staff will offer some 2020 OAD and see if they would want to reclassify 

Always a possibility. Especially since it's likely 2021 kids will be able to go to straight to the pros...you might have kids who want to get to the draft sooner because in 2021 there will probably be an additional 4-5 names in the draft who could take up a first round slot based on potential. Kids will want to get to the pros sooner before that happens.

2 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’m starting to think this four man class of Franklin, Keion, TJD and Stewart is a very real possibility. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Romeo stays two years

I see no way Romeo stays 2 years -- unless he has an underwhelming frosh season (and I don't expect that). Romeo is, at this point, looking like a sure fire top 10 draft pick.

18 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I see no way Romeo stays 2 years -- unless he has an underwhelming frosh season (and I don't expect that). Romeo is, at this point, looking like a sure fire top 10 draft pick.

So was Bridges and he came back for his sophomore year.  I don't think he will come back either but why is it so hard for people to see that maybe certain guys is not in such a hurry to go pro.

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So was Bridges and he came back for his sophomore year.  I don't think he will come back either but why is it so hard for people to see that maybe certain guys is not in such a hurry to go pro.

Completely fair. 

But Romeo, I believe, is already projected higher than Bridges was, he’s considered one of the best ever to come out of IN — and it’s unusual for a highly projected kid to return. It happens, but it’s unusual 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Completely fair. 

But Romeo, I believe, is already projected higher than Bridges was, he’s considered one of the best ever to come out of IN — and it’s unusual for a highly projected kid to return. It happens, but it’s unusual 

All comes down to what he vaues and wants to achieve. We call all speculate and guess and say what we would do but if the only goal is the NBA then he wont come be. I know he has some other things that are very important to him and it will come down to how realistic those goals may be. I class wuth 3 5 star players and himself may make 1 goal a realistic possibility 

Archived