Jahmius Ramsey Cuts IU

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

All comes down to what he vaues and wants to achieve. We call all speculate and guess and say what we would do but if the only goal is the NBA then he wont come be. I know he has some other things that are very important to him and it will come down to how realistic those goals may be. I class wuth 3 5 star players and himself may make 1 goal a realistic possibility 

Check your pm

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So was Bridges and he came back for his sophomore year.  I don't think he will come back either but why is it so hard for people to see that maybe certain guys is not in such a hurry to go pro.

As I recall it, Bridges was projected on the edge of the lottery after his freshman year and ended up going a year later...at the edge of the lottery.  An extra year under Izzo did not improve his standing at all.  If that's not a cautionary tale against waiting, I don't know what is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting comments from Ramsey here:

"It's a long season ahead and I was already starting to get bad about answering phone calls from coaches. I didn't think that was a good look so it's time to make a decision."

i'm curious as to whether or not Ramsey stopped answering our calls due to a lack of interest, or if CAM just stopped calling because Ramsey's lack of communication could be a trait he noticed during the recruitment.  Interesting that Ramsey himself noticed that his actions (or inactions in this case)  might have been a blemish on his reputation and/or have an impact on his recruitment.

Or, once Franklin committed, regardless of who it is, we could just be eliminating the recruitment of everyone not named TJD or KB

8 hours ago, Tiz10 said:

Interesting comments from Ramsey here:

"It's a long season ahead and I was already starting to get bad about answering phone calls from coaches. I didn't think that was a good look so it's time to make a decision."

i'm curious as to whether or not Ramsey stopped answering our calls due to a lack of interest, or if CAM just stopped calling because Ramsey's lack of communication could be a trait he noticed during the recruitment.  Interesting that Ramsey himself noticed that his actions (or inactions in this case)  might have been a blemish on his reputation and/or have an impact on his recruitment.

Or, once Franklin committed, regardless of who it is, we could just be eliminating the recruitment of everyone not named TJD or KB

Yeah. Honestly I can't blame a 17 year old kid for getting lazy about calling back 10-20 different coaches (assistants etc)...I wouldn't be able to keep them all straight. In your heart you know its just a couple teams you like best. It's just about having a spot and best fit. Go ahead and get the rest out of the way. You can always reopen your recruiting later....transfers etc someone in spring will always want a top 50 kid. Honestly I respect that about him. I mean kids are high schoolers...when the process starts feeling like work instead of being fun and exciting and loving the attention I can see things changing quickly. Good for him and for everyone else.

Also, yes I could see we may not take another guard in this class given our 20-21 prospects.

Archived