Jahmius Ramsey Cuts IU

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Idk, I beg to differ. Right now they are projected to have a class of Josh Nickleberry (Top 60, SG), Jaelyn Withers (Top 75, PF), Jahmius Ramsey (Top 35, CG), David Johnson (Top 100, CG), Orlando Robinson (Top 100, C). 

For us, the only kid we are clear leaders for is TJD...

I understand that their facilities haven't changed as a result of this investigation and that Mack is a good coach, just saying it sucks knowing that kids are more excited to play for a program that could potentially face major sanctions. 

Scott just hinted at it and kind of nailed it. Mack is setting the bar lower. We’re after the bigger fish with the optimism that if it doesn’t work out then we can still get the second tier type players that Mack is after. Riskier strategy? Sure,but I always want to dream big and shoot for the highest ceiling. You have to in CBB. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Scott just hinted at it and kind of nailed it. Mack is setting the bar lower. We’re after the bigger fish with the optimism that if it doesn’t work out then we can still get the second tier type players that Mack is after. Riskier strategy? Sure,but I always want to dream big and shoot for the highest ceiling. You have to in CBB. 

Also only have 2-3 schollies and finally have a staff that is selective.  The class you just broke down (5 players top 100) is worse than Archie's first full-cycle recruiting class, in a similar starting situation that Mack has inherited.  We're in a great spot, just not seeing sexy results in the offseason.

14 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Also only have 2-3 schollies and finally have a staff that is selective.  The class you just broke down (5 players top 100) is worse than Archie's first full-cycle recruiting class, in a similar starting situation that Mack has inherited.  We're in a great spot, just not seeing sexy results in the offseason.

Again it is only June and the signing period is not until November.  Also more and more top recruits are waiting longer to commit and some will wait until spring to decide.

17 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Exactly. Nothing wrong with saving a scholarship for the end of the year to get a transfer or even leave open.

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I know Louisville is a dumpster fire right now.  Brooks Jr basically said the same thing the other day.  Said a lot of recruits like Mack but don’t trust Lville.

What article was that in? I would love to read it. Thanks.

44 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I know Louisville is a dumpster fire right now.  Brooks Jr basically said the same thing the other day.  Said a lot of recruits like Mack but don’t trust Lville.

Interesting to hear...makes me wonder why some of these kids even put them in such serious consideration in the first place then. Seems like a step one deal breaker if I'm plotting out my recruitment process.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Won’t be much news on Ramsey until after his high school career is over. 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/las-vegas-friday-ramsey-to-wait-a-new-star-arises-in-akron

If Louisville was my preference then I don’t blame him...waiting to see how things work out and keep my options open would be the smartest thing.

Archived