Jahmius Ramsey Cuts IU

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/31/2018 at 2:08 AM, Max said:

Any input @CoachSS @IUwins0708 ? 😁

Not sure who said it or which thread it’s in but it seems one of our trusted sources implied we are in the lead for the kid or in a very good spot to land him. I don’t know if I want to believe it because I don’t want to get heart broken if he goes somewhere else but if it’s true just wow Archie could be putting together back to back classes that could build the foundation of something special. It might not be a top 5 recruiting class because of how small but it would be an amazing caliber class for sure. It also makes a lot of sense with a spot not being assured open til the spring and this kid playing the two like Romeo well...it just fits too well. For some reason if Romeo came back I don’t think he would come here but if say Smith or someone else left and a back court of this kid and Romeo would give opponents fits. Too crazy to even imagine but even without Romeo that lineup could easily be the B1Gs best Phinesee, Ramsey, Brooks, Hunter, and TJD with a very deep bench of Al, Green, Anderson, Forrester, Race, Moore, and Davis. I’m getting goose bumps thinking about IU returning back to the days of old.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

If Ramsey waits til the spring to commit like he said he might see a big opening where Romeo left to fill...as long as we have a 4th move on...if not then well at least we were in th running for so long.

Pure speculation here but if he waits until Spring i believe he will be a Hoosier. I big if. We will have a spot for he or Stewart either way

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

So how do you divy out those 20-30 minutes Romeo leaves? 

If Jerome, Damezi or Brooks have improved their handles enough you play 1 of them at the 2.  Statistically one of these guys likely will be able to do that  

Or you slide Green over to the 2 and start Phinisee. 

If Green hasn’t turned a corner you start Phinisee and take the best ball handler out of those 3 and you live with it. When you have a guy like Phinisee he should have the ball as much as possible anyway. 

Plus Durham is wild card here as well. If he can just develop a somewhat well rounded offensive game he would work too. 

We have options essentially. Plus there’s still players who reopen recruitment and grad transfers if none of those developing players develop enough

11 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

If Jerome, Damezi or Brooks have improved their handles enough you play 1 of them at the 2.  Statistically one of these guys likely will be able to do that  

Or you slide Green over to the 2 and start Phinisee. 

If Green hasn’t turned a corner you start Phinisee and take the best ball handler out of those 3 and you live with it. When you have a guy like Phinisee he should have the ball as much as possible anyway. 

Plus Durham is wild card here as well. If he can just develop a somewhat well rounded offensive game he would work too. 

We have options essentially. Plus there’s still players who reopen recruitment and grad transfers if none of those developing players develop enough

I agree that we have options but they’re mostly based on optimistic “what if’s.”

I’m optimistic. I think Damezi has the ability to be an elite nba style 3-and-D guard at the college level, but I know nothing about his play making abilities. I think Hunter could have trouble defending smaller, quicker guards.

Green could play the 2 spot but it seems pretty clear the staff is molding him into a 1. He’ll also be gone after that season, and if Damezi or Hunter don’t pan out at the 2, we’ll be dependent on a sophomore Franklin and Durham, who’ll need to make strides. I do think Phinisee and Green could work well together, though.

Ramsey just gives us stability in terms of depth and style of play.

26 minutes ago, BENDOVER said:

I agree that we have options but they’re mostly based on optimistic “what if’s.”

I’m optimistic. I think Damezi has the ability to be an elite nba style 3-and-D guard at the college level, but I know nothing about his play making abilities. I think Hunter could have trouble defending smaller, quicker guards.

Green could play the 2 spot but it seems pretty clear the staff is molding him into a 1. He’ll also be gone after that season, and if Damezi or Hunter don’t pan out at the 2, we’ll be dependent on a sophomore Franklin and Durham, who’ll need to make strides. I do think Phinisee and Green could work well together, though.

Ramsey just gives us stability in terms of depth and style of play.

While it’s based on what ifs I would be more concerned about this staffs coaching than its recruiting if we miss on Ramsey and then can’t field a legit guard rotation. 

Schiling is one of the best guard developers in the country. 1 of these guys should be ready.  

Archived