Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
CauseThatsMyDJ

Jahmius Ramsey

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Idk, I beg to differ. Right now they are projected to have a class of Josh Nickleberry (Top 60, SG), Jaelyn Withers (Top 75, PF), Jahmius Ramsey (Top 35, CG), David Johnson (Top 100, CG), Orlando Robinson (Top 100, C). 

For us, the only kid we are clear leaders for is TJD...

I understand that their facilities haven't changed as a result of this investigation and that Mack is a good coach, just saying it sucks knowing that kids are more excited to play for a program that could potentially face major sanctions. 

Scott just hinted at it and kind of nailed it. Mack is setting the bar lower. We’re after the bigger fish with the optimism that if it doesn’t work out then we can still get the second tier type players that Mack is after. Riskier strategy? Sure,but I always want to dream big and shoot for the highest ceiling. You have to in CBB. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Scott just hinted at it and kind of nailed it. Mack is setting the bar lower. We’re after the bigger fish with the optimism that if it doesn’t work out then we can still get the second tier type players that Mack is after. Riskier strategy? Sure,but I always want to dream big and shoot for the highest ceiling. You have to in CBB. 

Also only have 2-3 schollies and finally have a staff that is selective.  The class you just broke down (5 players top 100) is worse than Archie's first full-cycle recruiting class, in a similar starting situation that Mack has inherited.  We're in a great spot, just not seeing sexy results in the offseason.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Also only have 2-3 schollies and finally have a staff that is selective.  The class you just broke down (5 players top 100) is worse than Archie's first full-cycle recruiting class, in a similar starting situation that Mack has inherited.  We're in a great spot, just not seeing sexy results in the offseason.

Again it is only June and the signing period is not until November.  Also more and more top recruits are waiting longer to commit and some will wait until spring to decide.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Exactly. Nothing wrong with saving a scholarship for the end of the year to get a transfer or even leave open.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Must be a mixup but someone just put in a CB prediction for IU!

1878246915_ScreenShot2018-06-14at1_14_26PM.png.a821d8c5c866d550b66ba6466bf7719b.png

Wonder what that's all about. Haven't heard much on this recruitment in a while. Don't believe he has visited? 

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Must be this one: image.png.bf14168d76fb4e126c26b5b654fa8019.png

He's ranked #2 on their CB system (for class of 2018), behind Andrew Slater, ahead of Jerry Meyer FWIW.

Edited by cybergates
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

He's ranked #2 on their CB system (for class of 2018), behind Andrew Slater, ahead of Jerry Meyer FWIW.

What does he know that we don't 🤔

Rabjohns said that Ramsey told him he is going to visit Indiana.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, 5 championships said:

What does he know that we don't 🤔

I know Louisville is a dumpster fire right now.  Brooks Jr basically said the same thing the other day.  Said a lot of recruits like Mack but don’t trust Lville.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I know Louisville is a dumpster fire right now.  Brooks Jr basically said the same thing the other day.  Said a lot of recruits like Mack but don’t trust Lville.

What article was that in? I would love to read it. Thanks.

44 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Interesting to hear...makes me wonder why some of these kids even put them in such serious consideration in the first place then. Seems like a step one deal breaker if I'm plotting out my recruitment process.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

What article was that in? I would love to read it. Thanks.

It was on Twitter I believe.  Can’t remember which day.  Wednesday or Thursday.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I read that as well! Music to my ears. Screw Pitino and them scum bags been cheating for years!