Is 2019 Class Boom or Bust?

In all seriousness, I do remember the movement.  After all, Yogi was 'the motor' or at least the key piece of it.  I will enjoy the memory of the assists leader's playing days at IU.  Though his NBA career belongs to him, I believe he will be a good ambassador for IU as fans and coaches can point to an undersized guard meeting with success at the next level.  Apologies for going for a laugh instead how I really felt.  I think I offended myself.

I agree that CAM and staff are putting the work in recruiting wise to have us feeling good in the off season.

Another fine article TDH.  Thank you.

Never forget #themovement.

this isn’t boom or bust - if we get RL and he leaves after one season we pick up one of the 4-5 guards we’ll have offered by then, all top 50, and take in 1-2 of brooks/TJD/watford. Not in the least bit worried. 

7 minutes ago, Max said:

Never forget #themovement.

this isn’t boom or bust - if we get RL and he leaves after one season we pick up one of the 4-5 guards we’ll have offered by then, all top 50, and take in 1-2 of brooks/TJD/watford. Not in the least bit worried. 

It all depends on Romeo. That’s the caveat. If we miss on Romeo and then miss on most of the top players we are after it’s very much boom or bust for me. Let’s not forget that Hunter is the only top 100 player (on ESPN) and he’s not even close to a 5 star.

I dont like absolutes but this really does feel like a boom or bust situation for IU. It’s definitely trending toward the former but we’ll find out on the 30th.

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

It all depends on Romeo. That’s the caveat. If we miss on Romeo and then miss on most of the top players we are after it’s very much boom or bust for me. Let’s not forget that Hunter is the only top 100 player (on ESPN) and he’s not even close to a 5 star.

I dont like absolutes but this really does feel like a boom or bust situation for IU. It’s definitely trending toward the former but we’ll find out on the 30th.

Think about what you are saying. They all are top 150, IN the Country. Out of how many players? Plus you add Race. This is a good class without Romeo, a great one with him. Recruiting is just fine.

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Think about what you are saying. They all are top 150, IN the Country. Out of how many players? Plus you add Race. This is a good class without Romeo, a great one with him. Recruiting is just fine.

I have strong opinions and I’ve posted them in earlier topics. Good doesn’t cut it when you’re in a competition with 300 teams. You need special talent. I’m sorry but it really is boom or bust.

2 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I have strong opinions and I’ve posted them in earlier topics. Good doesn’t cut it when you’re in a competition with 300 teams. You need special talent. I’m sorry but it really is boom or bust.

Looking like boom for sure.  Romeo plus TJD and Brooks or Watford.  Plus a very good guard.  Two top 10 classes in a row.

28 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Refreshing to read some optimism from you DBM! Hope it's here to stay

I call it as I see it.  Unlike AD I've always been extremely bullish on the potential of IU basketball.  We have as much as anyone.  That's why I wanted Crean out so bad.  The reason we aren't right with Duke, UK, UNC, and Kansas is due 100% to several extremely poor coaching hires.  Thankfully we finally got it right.

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

Especially when you considered how little time Archie and the staff had to build those relationships and pull it all together.  

Just now, The Daily Hoosier said:

Especially when you considered how little time Archie and the staff had to build those relationships and pull it all together.  

Bingo. It’s not boom or bust yet. It will be disappointing if we lose out on RL, but CAM put together a solid class before even coaching a game. Give him some time. Recruiting cycles are supposed to be 2-4 year relationships. If we hit on RL and the 19 class he worked a miracle and arrived early. 

I have high hopes on 2019 class. Archie seems to be calculative and selective in his approach to recruiting, and he showed his ability to close the deals last year to a somewhat lesser degree (Hunter 49, Phinisee 99, Anderson 114, Forrester 127). His next challenge is to zero in and close the deals with top 50 players, which I think he can do successfully. 

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Bingo. It’s not boom or bust yet. It will be disappointing if we lose out on RL, but CAM put together a solid class before even coaching a game. Give him some time. Recruiting cycles are supposed to be 2-4 year relationships. If we hit on RL and the 19 class he worked a miracle and arrived early. 

The foundation (commits) we have for 2018 without Romeo makes us really good 2019 and beyond. With Romeo and Morgan, we are really good 2018 and beyond. With Archie in charge, I expect us to be top 4 in the B1G and NCAA tournament team every year. Think Wisconsin, but we should have the horses to challenge for Final Fours and National Titles on a regular basis. Not year in and year out, not even Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, or Kentucky do that.

Just my thoughts.

Archived