Is 2019 Class Boom or Bust?

1 minute ago, IUaic said:

The foundation (commits) we have for 2018 without Romeo makes us really good 2019 and beyond. With Romeo and Morgan, we are really good 2018 and beyond. With Archie in charge, I expect us to be top 4 in the B1G and NCAA tournament team every year. Think Wisconsin, but we should have the horses to challenge for Final Fours and National Titles on a regular basis.

Just my thoughts.

I don’t disagree. Just saying if we land Romeo CAM is arriving early IMO. It’s a miracle he has been able to do what he’s done so quick. 

7 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

I have strong opinions and I’ve posted them in earlier topics. Good doesn’t cut it when you’re in a competition with 300 teams. You need special talent. I’m sorry but it really is boom or bust.

You just can't let yourself to think positive can you.  I think we will get Romeo and I think we will get TJD and one of the two in Brooks or Watford.

38 minutes ago, IUaic said:

The foundation (commits) we have for 2018 without Romeo makes us really good 2019 and beyond. With Romeo and Morgan, we are really good 2018 and beyond. With Archie in charge, I expect us to be top 4 in the B1G and NCAA tournament team every year. Think Wisconsin, but we should have the horses to challenge for Final Fours and National Titles on a regular basis. Not year in and year out, not even Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, or Kentucky do that.

Just my thoughts.

Duke, Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky do challenge for a Final Four year in and year out.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I call it as I see it.  Unlike AD I've always been extremely bullish on the potential of IU basketball.  We have as much as anyone.  That's why I wanted Crean out so bad.  The reason we aren't right with Duke, UK, UNC, and Kansas is due 100% to several extremely poor coaching hires.  Thankfully we finally got it right.

Actually, the reason we're not right with those schools is not 100% due to poor coaching hires.  A lot of it is due to the fact that, unlike them, we don't pay players.  Perhaps the playing field will be leveled after the repercussions of the FBI investigation are played out.  Or perhaps not. 

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You just can't let yourself to think positive can you.  I think we will get Romeo and I think we will get TJD and one of the two in Brooks or Watford.

I didn’t make the thread! I think it really is boom or bust and either Archie will open the floodgates or he won’t and we’ll be mired in mediocrity like the rest of the big 10.

I love the hire, his recruiting strategy, effort, and his coaching isTBD (but positive signs).

I also think boom is more probable than bust and it will trickle down after Romeo. I also think that we land Romeo + TJD plus one of Watford or Brooks.

1 hour ago, BoomBaby said:

Actually, the reason we're not right with those schools is not 100% due to poor coaching hires.  A lot of it is due to the fact that, unlike them, we don't pay players.  Perhaps the playing field will be leveled after the repercussions of the FBI investigation are played out.  Or perhaps not. 

We don't and didn't have to have 3~4 5 stars in the starting lineup. We can win with a bunch of solid, well-coached 4-year players. Poor in-game coaching, atrocious roster management, and (more importantly) losing the state of Indiana as an IU coach were the biggest factors of our misery for the last 2 decades. And it was all on the coaches. 

1 hour ago, BoomBaby said:

Meh, can you really make such a definitive statement about any teams these days with cheating without any inside knowledge about programs?

40 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Not sure who this person is/ how trustworthy their source is but interesting nonetheless. 

5add0d914a8e0_ScreenShot2018-04-22at6_31_57PM.png.452d14fef7f86c804fbba0da72a97ab8.png

I will say it all could be the same source (although I doubt it) but all the people saying we’re in good with these guys makes me feel real good right about now!

Archived