All Time Favorite BIG players, from other schools.

22 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

Didn’t he cause a huge storm when he stomped all over the crest in the middle of the court at assembly hall one year? Maybe it was after chad Austin beat us on a last second shot?

He didn’t seem too fond of old IU during his playing days...

Sure didn't ha. I wasnt too fond of that 

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

At least until 2002 he didn't by his parents a new home. They still lived in a very small home there in town. Used to drink beer with their neighbor (who won the Hoosier Lottery in 90's) but still drove a used car, took lunch to work, and 1 vacation to Clearwater per year. God I love Hoosiers!

I have heard a lot of stories of folks seeing Brad in a old truck cruising the back woods of Indiana lol

Illinois - Luther Head

Iowa - Jeff Horner

Maryland - Juan Dixon

Michigan St. -  Denzel Valentine

Michigan - Trey Burke

Minnesota - Trevor Mbakwe

Nebraska - Umm....corn?

Northwestern - Bryant McIntosh

Ohio St. - Aaron Craft

Penn St - Geary Claxton

Purdue - Chris Kramer

Rutgers - James Gandolfni?

Wisconsin - Alando Tucker

3 hours ago, rico said:

I have noticed that a lot of guys don't know what to say for Nebraska, I think one poster said his name.  Indiana legend in my mind....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Moore_(basketball)

Because I just can't think of them as part of the big ten just like Maryland and Rutgers.  It really irritates me when the BTN has the big ten elite show and it shows one of these teams best seasons when they were not in the big ten.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Because I just can't think of them as part of the big ten just like Maryland and Rutgers.  It really irritates me when the BTN has the big ten elite show and it shows one of these teams best seasons when they were not in the big ten.

The guys I thought of for those schools were from there pre B1G days. I tried to think of guys from their time in conference. 

• 4 weeks later...

Figured this thread was a good place to post this....Austin Hatch came to my school to speak for a Living Lessons day to our kids. I got a chance to chat with him afterwards; he was surprised to run into a fellow Northeast Indiana native in New Jersey! Nice guy...we had a nice talk about the homeland. His story still blows me away and he had a very positive message, of course, about overcoming challenges. I loved seeing the kids line up for autographs and pictures afterwards, many not even sports fans. It was also great to hear he is getting married in a month and life continues to move forward in a positive way for him, despite the tragedy and serious injury he endured. 

32 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Figured this thread was a good place to post this....Austin Hatch came to my school to speak for a Living Lessons day to our kids. I got a chance to chat with him afterwards; he was surprised to run into a fellow Northeast Indiana native in New Jersey! Nice guy...we had a nice talk about the homeland. His story still blows me away and he had a very positive message, of course, about overcoming challenges. I loved seeing the kids line up for autographs and pictures afterwards, many not even sports fans. It was also great to hear he is getting married in a month and life continues to move forward in a positive way for him, despite the tragedy and serious injury he endured. 

Awesome story.  And thanks for sharing.

For those that are not aware....here is just one story about Austin's amazing journey.

Michigan's Austin Hatch remains an all-time account of perseverance

Fill in the blanks :

Illinois   - Derron Williams

Iowa      - Acie Earl

Maryland - Joe Smith

Michigan State - Shawn Respert

Michigan  - Jalen Rose

Minnesota - Bobby Jackson

Nebraska - Tyronn Lue

Northwestern - Evan Eschmeyer

Ohio State  - Bob Knight

Penn State - Calvin Booth