Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
CauseThatsMyDJ

Kofi Cockburn Cuts IU

We offered this kid per his 247 page. Can anyone confirm we’re actively recruiting him still? He’s getting offers from everyone program under the sun, not to mention having an unreal stretch here w NY Rens.

Sounds like he played wiseman right over the weekend. Will be an absolute beast wherever he goes at 6’11 250+

Also teammates with Lecque...

Edited by Max

18 minutes ago, Max said:

We offered this kid per his 247 page. Can anyone confirm we’re actively recruiting him still? He’s getting offers from everyone program under the sun, not to mention having an unreal stretch here w NY Rens.

Sounds like he played wiseman right over the weekend. Will be an absolute beast wherever he goes at 6’11 250+

Also teammates with Lecque...

I remember seeing that Archie took in a game that Stewart played in and haven’t seen kofi linked with us at all recently. That’s all I can add. Not much but something.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Saw him at EYBL this past weekend. Hard to believe he's 17U. Man-child.

image.thumb.png.95e504c90b1fdaf8ca627927ed720fb0.png

That coach needs to watch his hands 😂tough timing for the picture 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

imo the only way we get  Cockburn is with Peter Jurkin.  I am so immature its not funny

If I were a play by play guy doing one of his games every time he blocked a shot I would yell, “You just got cockburned!”  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

imo the only way we get  Cockburn is with Peter Jurkin.  I am so immature its not funny

This one is mean but Isaac Haas will give you Cockburn. Just the facts 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I remember the pro player Wang Zhizhi.  When the Mavericks placed him on the DL, they had to play with their Wang out.

Anyone seen the exit?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Seriously he should go to any school where it doesn't print players' last names on the back of the jerseys. Just imagine seeing 'COCKBURN' on his back every single game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Cockburn will be cutting his list down to 12 soon. No mention of IU here:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/cut-to-12-will-be-five-star-kofi-cockburn-s-next-move

Did Purdue make his list? Just wondering because of all the rumors about their previous big man.

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I missed where Kofi cut his list, but according to this article, we've been Cockburn'd and are out of the sweepstakes.

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/new-oak-hill-transfer-kofi-cockburn-wants-to-lead-the-country-in-rebounds

image.png.1b990ee78eaa707be63823ba13376011.png

Well we can't win them all so we got  Peter Jurkin but couldn't get a Cockburn.

27 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Reeling from last night's defeat, the Illini may now be getting Cockburn?

image.png.cdf2bd0373ee042b1af81232ef00cc4e.png

I don't follow recruiting that much unless we are involved. All I'll say is anyone choosing Illinois right now there has to be a back story. No good reason at all to say yes to that place. No development, no discipline...tons of transfers, suspensions....why on Earth would you choose there?Unless Orlando Antigua is up to his old tricks again.