Forrester

Fundamentals

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This from the Star:

"In Forrester, IU is adding yet another versatile wing player, one who can occupy the three and four positions in college. 

Wing depth has been a clear priority throughout Miller's work in the 2018 class. Forrester, Hunter and Anderson all play at the wing or forward positions in some capacity, although they bring different profiles to college — Anderson, a streaky, high-scoring 3-point shooter, Forrester, an athletic wing with a nose for rebounds at both ends, and Hunter, who could develop into a positionally diverse talent at both ends of the floor. 

Miller's emphasis on recruiting at those positions is understandable. Indiana already lost OG Anunoby to the NBA last spring, with Collin Hartman and Freddie McSwain headed to graduation after the upcoming season. 

Juwan Morgan is scheduled to graduate in 2019, meaning the Hoosiers need to begin reloading now, and Miller has done that thoroughly in his 2018 class. 

Attention, at least locally, will now turn south to New Albany, and five-star guard Romeo Langford. One of the most coveted players in the rising senior class at any position, Langford recently included IU in his final seven schools and is expected to visit for Hoosier Hysteria.

Landing a commitment from him would be an emphatic close to a recruiting class already considered to be one of the best in the country in 2018. IU's class is currently considered the No. 3 overall group in the country per 247Sports, and No. 2 by Scout."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2017/09/11/pennsylvania-forward-jake-forrester-picks-iu/655764001/

Who ever wrote this never watched him play or has talked to Jake. He is not a wing and calls himself a stretch 4. His own dad said playing the 3 would be a stretch.

I think we will be ok on 2019 schollies.  Morgan leaves, so that is one.  A couple of other guys may leave like Davis (after his junior year) or Langford, if we get him and he chooses to leave.  Even if those two don't create two spots, we have a deep and talented roster and I could see another two leaving just as a normal statistical expectation.  It always works out, one way or another.

I have said it before, but the two guys I'd like headlining that class are Trayce Jackson-Davis and Brooks.  If Jackson-Davis ends up 6'10 or taller, his ranking will soar, maybe to the top ten.  Look at his highlights, he has tremendous feel for playing tall and scoring around the basket.  Then, a third spot for any wild card like Matthew Hurt, Trenton Watford, or possibly a two-guard.  

If we had Trayce, Romeo, and Keion together, with the other talent we've secured, watch out.  

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think we will be ok on 2019 schollies.  Morgan leaves, so that is one.  A couple of other guys may leave like Davis (after his junior year) or Langford, if we get him and he chooses to leave.  Even if those two don't create two spots, we have a deep and talented roster and I could see another two leaving just as a normal statistical expectation.  It always works out, one way or another.

I have said it before, but the two guys I'd like headlining that class are Trayce Jackson-Davis and Brooks.  If Jackson-Davis ends up 6'10 or taller, his ranking will soar, maybe to the top ten.  Look at his highlights, he has tremendous feel for playing tall and scoring around the basket.  Then, a third spot for any wild card like Matthew Hurt, Trenton Watford, or possibly a two-guard.  

If we had Trayce, Romeo, and Keion together, with the other talent we've secured, watch out.  

Looking at the scholarship situation, I would bet that if we land Romeo, Durham and one of Jones or Green won't be on the roster in 2019.  There's a chance that Davis will leave for the draft before then too, although I hope not.  I think we'll need him to be a Final Four contender that season.

11 minutes ago, Blazin Hazin said:

Like Archie, but this commitment is still a mystery to me.  Not saying Forrester can't play, just don't see why we would take him given the current list of commits

If Deron goes pro after this season, which is possible, we are weak at the 5. Forrester and Moore could certainly play the 5.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived