Cody Zeller Season in Review

Weird situation for Cody. Signed an extension. Hornets fans seem to like him but some recent signings show he could be traded. I'd love for Cody to come home but not sure how that 3 years and $43 Million plays out cap wise for Pacers. The NBA salary numbers are so off I don't know if that's considered cheap or expensive.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Weird situation for Cody. Signed an extension. Hornets fans seem to like him but some recent signings show he could be traded. I'd love for Cody to come home but not sure how that 3 years and $43 Million plays out cap wise for Pacers. The NBA salary numbers are so off I don't know if that's considered cheap or expensive.

It's weird what Charlotte does. I think it was last season where he stayed relatively injury-free and there were actually article written about how when Charlotte moved him to center he was one of the most effective centers in the NBA (in terms of analytics) and Charlotte performed exponentially better with him in the lineup. 

Then what do they do? They go and trade for Dwight Howard. 

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's weird what Charlotte does. I think it was last season where he stayed relatively injury-free and there were actually article written about how when Charlotte moved him to center he was one of the most effective centers in the NBA (in terms of analytics) and Charlotte performed exponentially better with him in the lineup. 

Then what do they do? They go and trade for Dwight Howard. 

I had the exact same thought. Just. Plain. Stupid.

Howard sure put them over the top this year...:nansplit:

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a shade over $14 million per year doesn’t seem too bad in today’s NBA. Mike Conley is currently your highest paid contract and those are some staggering numbers, just look it up. 

Just now, Danomatic said:

Just a shade over $14 million per year doesn’t seem too bad in today’s NBA. Mike Conley is currently your highest paid contract and those are some staggering numbers, just look it up. 

Kind of makes our face of the franchise contract of 4 years and $84M for Vic look like not only did Pritchard win the trade...but we did it with some financial frugality too. Win win.

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of makes our face of the franchise contract of 4 years and $84M for Vic look like not only did Pritchard win the trade...but we did it with some financial frugality too. Win win.

Agreed. It was a win/win for sure. Now hopefully Vic will be able to recruit others to come in and play alongside him.

Archived