Ethan Morton (2020) Commits to Purdue

Fundamentals

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty sure he had an in-home visit with him recently and I think Morton was scheduled to be in Bloomington this weekend. 

No in home visit or scheduled visit that I can find. Can you please point me to those? Not doubting you....just I would think we would know. I'll stand by my original comment about last action I can see Archie having was Feb 27th....until proven otherwise. 

1 hour ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Lol, prove what? That Archie wanted Morton? All you have to do is a little research, Morton already visited IU and was suppose to be coming to IU for a visit soon. He’s went to many games for Morton.

Last action taken by Archie was February 27th. Just like with Boiler I'll ask the same. Can you point me to these visits and scheduled visits? We of all boards would know. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Last action taken by Archie was February 27th. Just like with Boiler I'll ask the same. Can you point me to these visits and scheduled visits? We of all boards would know. 

I had been told that Morton was coming on the 13th,now that was a couple weeks ago and things could have changed drastically since then, there have been other offers and other (new) names mentioned since then,so my guess is maybe CAM sensed he needed to go in another direction.....just found out Morton is announcing Thursday

Obviously none of us actually know what happened here, my impression is that IU moved their priority list to other guys in the 2020 class. Archie has offered Leal, Galloway and Morton’s AAU teammate Davis, who is outplaying him. 

Purdue was on him much longer but I thought Archie could sway him. Not going to lie this hurts. Really liked this kid. He played up a year in AAU last year. Best player in Pennsylvania he will be a great player at Purdue...fits their system. Hope we get Leal and Galloway.

I'm not surprised by this. They've been on him for a long time and coming off an Elite 8 run, I would expect an upgrade in recruiting to happen for 2020 and 2021. A lot of national exposure in April for them. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

This article indicates there was a slew of in-home visits over the last couple weeks, including IU.  I recall seeing that elsewhere but cannot remember where.  IU was in the Pittsburgh area on April 23 to visit Donovan Johnson, so it was probably the same day.  The next day the news broke that IU was visiting Leal and Galloway.   A few days later IU offered Leal and Galloway.  I never expected IU to offer BOTH Leal and Galloway, and I never expected Morton's recruitment to end so soon.  I don't think these things are unrelated.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/05/01/jeff-capel-visits-2020-butler-guard-ethan-morton/

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

This article indicates there was a slew of in-home visits over the last couple weeks, including IU.  I recall seeing that elsewhere but cannot remember where.  IU was in the Pittsburgh area on April 23 to visit Donovan Johnson, so it was probably the same day.  The next day the news broke that IU was visiting Leal and Galloway.   A few days later IU offered Leal and Galloway.  I never expected IU to offer BOTH Leal and Galloway, and I never expected Morton's recruitment to end so soon.  I don't think these things are unrelated.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/05/01/jeff-capel-visits-2020-butler-guard-ethan-morton/

Yeah, it sounds like CAM found out he was only a bridesmaid (maybe only flower girl) and went another direction.

Archived