Ethan Morton (2020) Commits to Purdue

Fundamentals

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm concerned about the future of IU basketball.  Obviously not due to this one recruit but overall recruiting momentum has taken a huge dip since TJD committed.  LQ is Memphis bound and Watford was never a real possibility.  Beverly chose Miami over us.  Morton chooses Purdue.  We have obvious shooting holes that arent being addressed, at least not yet.  We need some guys on the roster to take big steps forward next year.  I'm hopeful but concerned. 

Gotta think the last couple years how Purdue has performed played a big part in him choosing to go there. Success breeds success. We gotta start winning games...from there we can sell recruits on the campus and facilities and then finally to the sell them on the program and history. I think it has to start this year though.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Gotta think the last couple years how Purdue has performed played a big part in him choosing to go there. Success breeds success. We gotta start winning games...from there we can sell recruits on the campus and facilities and then finally to the sell them on the program and history. I think it has to start this year though.

Maybe, just maybe...Ethan chose Purdue for the education?  

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Maybe, just maybe...Ethan chose Purdue for the education?  

Yes, the top notch engineering school that dropped a bank of lights off the top of the football stadium while trying to install them.

And my favorite......"Do you know why so many Purdue grads become astronauts? It's as far as they can possibly get away from West Lafayette."

5 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Yes, the top notch engineering school that dropped a bank of lights off the top of the football stadium while trying to install them.

And my favorite......"Do you know why so many Purdue grads become astronauts? It's as far as they can possibly get away from West Lafayette."

I am not laughing....seriously, I am not laughing.

Just now, rico said:

Yeah, I hadn't heard that either...does strike me as odd.

Maybe it’s more that the recruiting reporters and insiders don’t know as much as everyone thinks? That’s not a shot at them, I love what they bring, but unless you’re in Archie’s office you can’t possibly know what is actually going on. 

Who knows how bad Archie really wanted Morton? I know none of us really know. 

Just to reiterate, this post is not a shot at insiders, I always appreciate what they bring and enjoy when they bring it. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Welp. Next. Seems like a good player and kid. We'll get ours (as we have). Reminder....Archie snuck in and in 90 days took Phinnisee and Damezi from Painter. We get the Indiana targets and this will be forgotten very quickly. 

I’ll give you Damezi but RP was never going to Purdue. If Archie hadn’t swooped in, he would’ve probably gone to OSU or maybe UVA. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

His best recruits rankings wise for the most part were in-state guys. A lot of his out-of-state guys  ended up being under-ranked like Vince Edwards and Carsen. 

Not going to lie..I really liked this kid. I will be happy to follow him at Purdue at least...just hope he has his worst games against us. 2020 was pretty thin...hoping 21 had multiple big fish for us! Congrats.

Archived