Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
Fundamentals

Ethan Morton (2020) Commits to Purdue

We need both Leal and Galloway and one of Davis or pack and one of cross or Garcia. I never understood the love fest for Morton . Archie did have an in home with him in the last two weeks and he was planning on a visit next week. Just my opinion

22 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I would take Leal and Galloway over Morton right now. To me Morton’s struggles in AAU are a major red flag imo. The other two have produced results in high school and AAU.

He’s played 4 AAU games this year lol. Major red flag?

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He’s played 4 AAU games this year lol. Major red flag?

He struggled last year too so imo yes it is.

Give me Leal and Galloway.  Never was sold on Morton.  Slow with a decent jump shot at best.  He has struggled against quick guards in the past. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty sure he had an in-home visit with him recently and I think Morton was scheduled to be in Bloomington this weekend. 

No in home visit or scheduled visit that I can find. Can you please point me to those? Not doubting you....just I would think we would know. I'll stand by my original comment about last action I can see Archie having was Feb 27th....until proven otherwise. 

Thought this was an interesting tweet earlier. Oh when will some of these subscribers learn. 

Martha the Mop Lady @TheMopLady
FollowFollow @TheMopLady
More

Imagine charging people money for IU content and being a total d-bag when delivering said content. Fantastic way to keep subscribers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Lol, prove what? That Archie wanted Morton? All you have to do is a little research, Morton already visited IU and was suppose to be coming to IU for a visit soon. He’s went to many games for Morton.

Last action taken by Archie was February 27th. Just like with Boiler I'll ask the same. Can you point me to these visits and scheduled visits? We of all boards would know. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Last action taken by Archie was February 27th. Just like with Boiler I'll ask the same. Can you point me to these visits and scheduled visits? We of all boards would know. 

I had been told that Morton was coming on the 13th,now that was a couple weeks ago and things could have changed drastically since then, there have been other offers and other (new) names mentioned since then,so my guess is maybe CAM sensed he needed to go in another direction.....just found out Morton is announcing Thursday

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Looks like hes going to boiler up on Thursday ..🤷‍♂️

Good for him .... must not be very bright. I say that? 

Just now, HoosierJax said:

IU didnt even make top 4,says he is choosing between  Purdue, Virginia, Pitt and Michigan 

Where did he say this?

Recruiting momentum is slipping a bit. I still believe Archie works himself out of this recent funk on and off the court, but Morton is another whiff.

Obviously none of us actually know what happened here, my impression is that IU moved their priority list to other guys in the 2020 class. Archie has offered Leal, Galloway and Morton’s AAU teammate Davis, who is outplaying him. 

• Like 2

Purdue was on him much longer but I thought Archie could sway him. Not going to lie this hurts. Really liked this kid. He played up a year in AAU last year. Best player in Pennsylvania he will be a great player at Purdue...fits their system. Hope we get Leal and Galloway.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Looks like IU quit recruiting 

Maybe he wasnt as much a priority as it was made.  Gospel.......

For IU to target other guards showed what they are thinking.

• Like 2

I'm not surprised by this. They've been on him for a long time and coming off an Elite 8 run, I would expect an upgrade in recruiting to happen for 2020 and 2021. A lot of national exposure in April for them. 

• Like 1

Once again it shows that very often the folks on this and every board don't really know what's happening when it comes to recruiting.  Just my opinion.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

This article indicates there was a slew of in-home visits over the last couple weeks, including IU.  I recall seeing that elsewhere but cannot remember where.  IU was in the Pittsburgh area on April 23 to visit Donovan Johnson, so it was probably the same day.  The next day the news broke that IU was visiting Leal and Galloway.   A few days later IU offered Leal and Galloway.  I never expected IU to offer BOTH Leal and Galloway, and I never expected Morton's recruitment to end so soon.  I don't think these things are unrelated.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/05/01/jeff-capel-visits-2020-butler-guard-ethan-morton/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

This article indicates there was a slew of in-home visits over the last couple weeks, including IU.  I recall seeing that elsewhere but cannot remember where.  IU was in the Pittsburgh area on April 23 to visit Donovan Johnson, so it was probably the same day.  The next day the news broke that IU was visiting Leal and Galloway.   A few days later IU offered Leal and Galloway.  I never expected IU to offer BOTH Leal and Galloway, and I never expected Morton's recruitment to end so soon.  I don't think these things are unrelated.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/05/01/jeff-capel-visits-2020-butler-guard-ethan-morton/

Yeah, it sounds like CAM found out he was only a bridesmaid (maybe only flower girl) and went another direction.

23 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

Maybe Archie plugged the toilet?? 

Or maybe Morton did?