Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
Fundamentals

Ethan Morton (2020)

3 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Archie was born and raised in Penn. Comes from a legacy basketball family that was immensely successful in Pennsylvania. I won't sleep on Archie grabbing a few kids from his ol stomping grounds. This could be the first of many I hope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

6’5 PG?!?! Oh that really gets me going lol. I’ll be keeping an eager eye on this one.

Didn't notice that Rivals had him as a PG...247 has him listed as a SG.

Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Didn't notice that Rivals had him as a PG...247 has him listed as a SG.

I’m sure he’s a ‘combo guard’ like every guard that’s over 6’1 these days. 

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

I’m sure he’s a ‘combo guard’ like every guard that’s over 6’1 these days. 

Hard to tell. Most places and all the local Penn newspapers have him listed at PG. Looking at his highlights his athleticism doesn't jump off the screen but he seemed to have a high basketball IQ...good passing, ball handling, shooting. Looked fundamentally sound...his size he used well too. Reminds me of Bronson Koenig that played at Wisconsin...IDK...maybe others have a better example?

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hard to tell. Most places and all the local Penn newspapers have him listed at PG. Looking at his highlights his athleticism doesn't jump off the screen but he seemed to have a high basketball IQ...good passing, ball handling, shooting. Looked fundamentally sound...his size he used well too. Reminds me of Bronson Koenig that played at Wisconsin...IDK...maybe others have a better example?

Pretty good comparison.  Somewhere between Koenig and Dekker.  Can’t believe I’m comparing a guy we are trying to get with 2 Wisky players.  Us older (middle aged) fans remember them being the doormats of the Big Ten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Pretty good comparison.  Somewhere between Koenig and Dekker.  Can’t believe I’m comparing a guy we are trying to get with 2 Wisky players.  Us older (middle aged) fans remember them being the doormats of the Big Ten.

@dgambill sounds like Kyle Anderson to me. Speaking of Wisky players and Middle aged...I hated that program so much but I’d have a few of those ‘types’ peppered in here and there. I could pass on the douchebagiiiness that came with being a Bo Ryan type but that was part of what made them what they were.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

The really old ones might remember when they dominated the big ten...back about 100yrs ago lol! They did have a few great teams in the 40s. Yes until Bennett and then Ryan came along that was an automatic win. Can’t believe we lost to them last year.