Ethan Morton (2020) Commits to Purdue

Fundamentals

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

You’re really not gonna like this then...

You know, he’s a great X’s and O’s coach, but he doesn’t get involved with many high profile recruits. I will say this though, he does seem to land “his” guys. Hopefully this young man isn’t one of them. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cybergates said:

Haven't seen him play but the description made me think of Tom Coverdale.

He reminds me of Bronson Koenig at Wisconsin. He is actually even taller than him by a couple inches so much taller than Tom. Now I don't think he has the "fire" or confrontational attitude of Tom he does play very hard and does everything to win. He will rebound, distribute...but if the team needs him he will score. He isn't a pure shooter I would say...if people just want a lights out 3pt shooter but he is very solid shooter. Kid just makes winning play from the few online games I've watched and of course his highlights. Clippings from newspapers etc I look up rave about him but there isn't a lot to go with. Just a smart hard nosed player...and a leader it seems. I'll take him.

34 minutes ago, KDB said:

Wow...51 is dominating...especially in a loss. I mean when you are scoring that much 30-50 points and you have 10 or more assists like he often has...I mean that kid is involved in almost every basket his team makes in one way or another. Shows that as a young player he would be content passing and involving older players but also when the time comes as an upper class man he can get his own. Honestly...if we land this kid I think he will be the lynch pin (along with Robert Phinesee) in bridging the gap of young 5* and leadership to take this program back to that top 10 status again.

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/butlers-ethan-morton-scores-school-record-51-in-section-loss-to-pine-richland/

Here is the news article about the game. Kid had 6 assist too. That means he either scored or assisted on minimum 63 of 74 pts for the team plus 8 Reb’s. The opponent said they decided to play him one on one and shut down his teammates thinking he couldn’t beat them himself....well he almost did the coach said. 20-32 from the field and 11-13 from free throw line...so it wasn’t like he jacked up 50 attempts either. Thing is the kid would be just as happy scoring 15 with 20 assist if his team would win but the way the other team played them they face guarded his teammates...and I doubt they try that again when they face them again in a few weeks...Morton may just beat them himself. They will likely do what other teams do in doubling or going to a zone against him.

9 hours ago, Max said:

Kid screams Indiana to me. Reminds me of the late knight years.

I know only what I've read on message boards, but I can't help but feel this is a kid that would be a huge addition to the team.  It's great that Archie has been reeling in the best from Indiana, but we must always be open to other players.  After all, where is our current best player from?

23 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I know only what I've read on message boards, but I can't help but feel this is a kid that would be a huge addition to the team.  It's great that Archie has been reeling in the best from Indiana, but we must always be open to other players.  After all, where is our current best player from?

Indiana 😂

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

You have to question the sanity of any kid realistically considering Turdoo.:jumprope:

Probably to avoid backlash like Romeo did keeping IU on his list. :coffee:

Yes, I realize he plays in PA and won't hear crap from PU fans at every game regardless of what school he chooses.

• 3 weeks later...

I sure hope Archie can use his Pennsylvania roots to pull this one out. We need this kids toughness and leadership on this team! Every time I check the internet on his latest games I am left more impressed. This is a throw back Hoosier. Reminds me of...Damon Bailey. Maybe not a protege but what he brings to a team.

Archived