2020 Recruiting Hub

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Analysis of almost a dozen 2020 recruits at yesterday's May 10 Nike EYBL, plus 2021 Caleb Furst.

How they played.  Strengths and weaknesses.  Good observations from someone who was there.

From our terrific HSN member over at The Daily Hoosier.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-observations-from-the-nike-eybl-in-westfield/

Great info as always! I’m worried a bit about our backup pg spot in 2020...Love would be ideal but the others are more on the smaller side and I don’t mind small quick pg but he needs to have long arms to help guard the elite bigger pgs.

50 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

From our HSN member @The Daily Hoosier

"The Daily Hoosier published its first draft of the class of 2020 Big Board, with the recruiting targets listed in order of likelihood of a commitment to IU."

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/first-draft-indiana-basketball-class-of-2020-big-board/

Interesting.  2020 looks to be a class of solid, if not spectacular, recruits.  Maybe more like players the Dayton program relied on?  If they're players who will fit and flourish in CAM's system I'm on board.

17 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Interesting.  2020 looks to be a class of solid, if not spectacular, recruits.  Maybe more like players the Dayton program relied on?  If they're players who will fit and flourish in CAM's system I'm on board.

You think Dayton had classes made up of 4 stars with a sprinkling of 5 stars?  Agree with the idea of specific players that meet CAM's system,  but I think you're selling the elite level of recruiting short.

39 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

You think Dayton had classes made up of 4 stars with a sprinkling of 5 stars?  Agree with the idea of specific players that meet CAM's system,  but I think you're selling the elite level of recruiting short.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for any 5 stars in 2020.

5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I'm not that concerned with with whether someone is a low 5 star or 4 star in the rankings. We just need talented players that fit our system and mindset. The Dayton comments just seem like an unnecessary shot at coach Miller. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.  

42 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Id be more than happy to not have any.  4 years in a row of stacking up guys ranked 25-125 is how you get old, stay old, and stay really good.  

Last year was a start, but a set back when you have a one and done, however Rob and Hunter are cornerstones.

But throwing in the towels on sophomore to be Forrester ranked 147 and a junior Moore 151, it may be a half step back by replacing Moore with Brunk and Forrester with no one. Forrester, imo, appeared immature but I think he would have been a nice 4 year guy.   So depending on how these last 2 scholarships unfold, over the 4 year I still call it half step back.  

This class is nice because TJD doesn't look to be quickly jumping to the league and Armaan is another 4 year building block.  

2017 is going to play out as solid to good 4 year guys in Al, Justin, and Race, minus moore. 

3 hours ago, Madison22 said:

"The Daily Hoosier published its first draft of the class of 2020 Big Board, with the recruiting targets listed in order of likelihood of a commitment to IU."

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/first-draft-indiana-basketball-class-of-2020-big-board/

Thanks for sharing!

6 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Re-posting this nice article from HSN's @The Daily Hoosier . . .

9 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I'm not that concerned with with whether someone is a low 5 star or 4 star in the rankings. We just need talented players that fit our system and mindset. The Dayton comments just seem like an unnecessary shot at coach Miller. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.  

Oh FFS, it wasn't a "shot" at all. The list in the article had several (almost all in fact) players that wouldn't be considered elite. Guys rated 100+ is where CAM's UD players were (I was guessing, thus the question mark). Maybe Archie's UD teams were composed of all 1 or 2 star players, I don't know but I figured they were pretty good considering the success he had with them.

8 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Oh FFS, it wasn't a "shot" at all. The list in the article had several (almost all in fact) players that wouldn't be considered elite. Guys rated 100+ is where CAM's UD players were (I was guessing, thus the question mark). Maybe Archie's UD teams were composed of all 1 or 2 star players, I don't know but I figured they were pretty good considering the success he had with them.

That's why I said I may have read too much into your statement.  With all the trolling and doomsday comments from certain people recently,  hopefully you can understand why. 

We obviously just have different assessments of the information in the article. Nothing wrong with that. Always enjoy reading a different perspective. 

34 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

How RJ Davis, Nijel Pack, Caleb Furst, Matt Cross, Caleb Love, DJ Steward, and Terrance Clarke are playing on the EYBL circuit.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/05/15/an-in-depth-look-at-how-iu-targets-are-performing-on-the-eybl-circuit/

RJ Davis – New York Renaissance

It’s not hyperbole to suggest that Davis has been one of the best players on the EYBL circuit this spring. The numbers back it up.

Over eight games on the circuit, he’s averaging 21.2 points, 4.1, assists, 3.4 rebounds and 2.5 steals.

But the advanced statistics are even more impressive. According to Open Look Analytics, Davis has an offensive rating of 134.5 and an effective field goal percentage of 60.9. His free throw rate (FTA/FGA) of 57.4 is very good and he’s knocking down 81 percent of his attempts at the line.

Davis is shooting 53.8 percent on 3s in EYBL play and 48.4 percent on 2s.

By comparison, his teammate Ethan Morton, a former IU target who recently committed to Purdue, is shooting just 40 percent on 2s and 13.3 percent on 3s.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:27 PM, FKIM01 said:

I know he doesn't have size, but man, do I like what I see out of RJ Davis.

Conversely, I feel better all the time about missing on Morton.  Other than size, I can't see anything he has on Davis.

I would be ok with a Davis in 2020 and Landers in 21...solidify our pg spot for years to come.

Archived