2020 Recruiting Hub

247’s rankings updated today.  Here are some to note.  No doubt Archie and staff have an eye for up and comers.  They identified ones early in past classes such as Isaiah Stewart, Cole Swider, Lou Dort.  Showing it with this class in Steward, Cross, RJ Davis.  Just need to pull a couple.

Side Note:  In one of the Leal highlight videos playing AAU, I actually was more focused on Galloway.  He looked bouncy and a lot more athletic than I would have thought.  Really like him.

23  Dawson Garcia (-2)

26  Caleb Love (+7)

31  DJ Steward (+28)

73  Zach Loveday (-22)

89  Matt Cross (+71)

102  RJ Davis (+10)

115  Anthony Leal (-25)

123  Trey Galloway (+4)

153  Dre Davis (+32)

164  Mike Saunders (+44)

181 Nijel Pack (+32)

And....

121  Ethan Morton (-60)

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

247’s rankings updated today.  Here are some to note.  No doubt Archie and staff have an eye for up and comers.  They identified ones early in past classes such as Isaiah Stewart, Cole Swider, Lou Dort.  Showing it with this class in Steward, Cross, RJ Davis.  Just need to pull a couple.

Side Note:  In one of the Leal highlight videos playing AAU, I actually was more focused on Galloway.  He looked bouncy and a lot more athletic than I would have thought.  Really like him.

23  Dawson Garcia (-2)

26  Caleb Love (+7)

31  DJ Steward (+28)

73  Zach Loveday (-22)

89  Matt Cross (+71)

102  RJ Davis (+10)

115  Anthony Leal (-25)

123  Trey Galloway (+4)

153  Dre Davis (+32)

164  Mike Saunders (+44)

181 Nijel Pack (+32)

And....

121  Ethan Morton (-60)

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Well I guess Morton really was overrated. No wonder Purdue was able to get him!!

1 hour ago, Bedford1432 said:

Well I guess Morton really was overrated. No wonder Purdue was able to get him!!

I feel like Archie eased up on his recruitment the last few months. The Indiana boys are all pretty close in the rankings. I think Galloway should be number one in Indiana followed by Ivey and then Leal. 

4 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I feel like Archie eased up on his recruitment the last few months. The Indiana boys are all pretty close in the rankings. I think Galloway should be number one in Indiana followed by Ivey and then Leal. 

From what I have been reading I would take Galloway over Leal. 

7 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Fits the timeline for certain. He was there in late February and nada after that. I'm getting antsy. Can't wait to see who wants to be the leader of the 2020 class and start the process. My guess is Galloway. 

17 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Didn’t CoachSS say the exact opposite? That Morton was 1A/1B? 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

At one time thAt was the case but recruiting changes quickly. Maybe Morton told Archie he wasn’t interested or maybe Archie saw something/someone that made him back off a little. Regardless I wasn’t happy when he committed to You guys but after seeing his spring I’d rather have Galloway. 

Ivey and Morton will probably have good careers but I equally if not more like where IU is at with Galloway, Leal, Cross, RJ Davis etc...

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Fits the timeline for certain. He was there in late February and nada after that. I'm getting antsy. Can't wait to see who wants to be the leader of the 2020 class and start the process. My guess is Galloway. 

Galloway is my favorite followed by RJ Davis and Cross. Although id gladly take Leal if he wanted to Join tomorrow. Galloway and Leal are winners and that who I want on my club 

Morton will be a role player, he’s nothing flashy.  Not very athletic for today’s game. Good 4 year player who probably won’t play first 2 seasons there.  He really needs to improve his jump shot to get in the rotation.  Good redshirt candidate I’d say.  Hope he proves me wrong because he seems like a really good kid. 

25 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Morton will be a role player, he’s nothing flashy.  Not very athletic for today’s game. Good 4 year player who probably won’t play first 2 seasons there.  He really needs to improve his jump shot to get in the rotation.  Good redshirt candidate I’d say.  Hope he proves me wrong because he seems like a really good kid. 

Would doubt it that he’d redshirt. 

1 hour ago, Bedford1432 said:

From what I have been reading I would take Galloway over Leal. 

I think it's more important that Leal finds the right 'fit'.  In the end, if he finds that fit, Leal has the better college career.  if not, Galloway, who is more versatile, will be the better college player.

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He probably did at the time, but there was lots of evidence that Morton was over-valued and Galloway was under-valued by several people.  This looks more and more like a "good miss".  If IU gets Galloway, I'd view that as a better get than Morton...Indiana kid trending the complete opposite direction as Morton.  I'd be really surprised if he doesn't pass Morton the way things are going.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

He probably did at the time, but there was lots of evidence that Morton was over-valued and Galloway was under-valued by several people.  This looks more and more like a "good miss".  If IU gets Galloway, I'd view that as a better get than Morton...Indiana kid trending the complete opposite direction as Morton.  I'd be really surprised if he doesn't pass Morton the way things are going.

I mean they play different positions. Morton is a PG and Galloway is a SF. Not really comparable as players IMO. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean they play different positions. Morton is a PG and Galloway is a SF. Not really comparable as players IMO. 

Let's be fair here.  I have no idea what position Galloway is going to play on his HS team this year.  Last year Culver had a pretty dang good PG that got a D-1 scholly.  And I hate to draw a comparison but Trey reminds me a lot of Luke Recker.  

1 hour ago, rico said:

Let's be fair here.  I have no idea what position Galloway is going to play on his HS team this year.  Last year Culver had a pretty dang good PG that got a D-1 scholly.  And I hate to draw a comparison but Trey reminds me a lot of Luke Recker.  

I think Galloway is a long shot for us but if I had my pick of 4 it would be Love, Cross, Galloway, and Leal....and if someone leaves then Garcia. That would leave us in a great spot in 21 to bring in a big in Furst who would slide right in and start. Add Lander and maybe Kaufman and that’s a pretty dang good rebound in recruiting.

27 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Galloway is a long shot for us but if I had my pick of 4 it would be Love, Cross, Galloway, and Leal....and if someone leaves then Garcia. That would leave us in a great spot in 21 to bring in a big in Furst who would slide right in and start. Add Lander and maybe Kaufman and that’s a pretty dang good rebound in recruiting.

Purdue likes it’s chances with Furst right now fwiw. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Galloway can play 1-3. He actually facilitated offense for Culver pretty frequently even though they had Britain-Watts as their pg. 

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdue likes it’s chances with Furst right now fwiw. 

Davis, Brunk, Smith, and very likely Trayce would all be gone. He could slide right in and start. From what I’ve seen from Williams I would think he would start at the 5 for you guys...but if we can land guys  he has played with for years in AAU I think we have more than a punchers chance. That said if he wants to play the 4 then you guys have room obviously.

Archived