2020 Recruiting Hub

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Can understand that. I think Ivey is the best of the 4 at this time. 

He might be.  You could make an argument that any of the four are better as there's no significant ranking separation between them.  I'm just amused at how Purdue's "Top 50" recruit is panning out.  I'd take Ivey over him too. 😂😂😂

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

Too bad Haarms won’t still be there.  He could have learned under the tutelage of the best.  Maybe they can round up some tape to show on an official visit.

Tape on a proper hair-cut?

6 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

Imagine being a sports fan and the first thing you do in the morning is check a rivals forum page.  That’s some next level obsession

I’ve posted on here for years. I post on probably 3 or 4 boards both Purdue, IU, and a national board. I enjoy chatting with the majority of folks on here and have for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’ve posted on here for years. I post on probably 3 or 4 boards both Purdue, IU, and a national board. I enjoy chatting with the majority of folks on here and have for a long time. 

YOLO, my man.  YOLO.  I need to get over to Hammer and Rails ASAP 

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think Galloway is a long shot for us but if I had my pick of 4 it would be Love, Cross, Galloway, and Leal....and if someone leaves then Garcia. That would leave us in a great spot in 21 to bring in a big in Furst who would slide right in and start. Add Lander and maybe Kaufman and that’s a pretty dang good rebound in recruiting.

Galloway is not a long shot for IU.  I'd put him in the "as good of a chance as anyone" right now.

I’m not going to sit here and bash on Morton...I still think he is a high level recruit that makes everyone on the floor better. I’m also surprised Ivey committed as well. Obviously the last two years of success for Purdue is giving them a lift in recruiting. Hope CAM can do the same with the next few years as well. Stealing Ivey from ND has to lesson the sting of us getting Rob...well a little. They may very well get Furst..Painter does utilize multiple bigs in his system...they get lots of touches but I do think Archie will be turning the corner by next year and will have something excited to show recruits.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I’m not going to sit here and bash on Morton...I still think he is a high level recruit that makes everyone on the floor better. I’m also surprised Ivey committed as well. Obviously the last two years of success for Purdue is giving them a lift in recruiting. Hope CAM can do the same with the next few years as well. Stealing Ivey from ND has to lesson the sting of us getting Rob...well a little. They may very well get Furst..Painter does utilize multiple bigs in his system...they get lots of touches but I do think Archie will be turning the corner by next year and will have something excited to show recruits.

I'm not for bashing the kid either, but I think it's funny as hell after reading Turdue fans crowing about stealing a top 50 recruit from Archie.

He was probably a little overrated, but in no way am I saying he's not a good recruit.  Plenty of good players available in the top 120's.  Rob Phinisee is exhibit A there.  I think IU will recruit just fine even with Turdue's recent uptick.  Given time and results, maybe we'll see a little less crowing on GBI as well.

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm not for bashing the kid either, but I think it's funny as hell after reading Turdue fans crowing about stealing a top 50 recruit from Archie.

He was probably a little overrated, but in no way am I saying he's not a good recruit.  Plenty of good players available in the top 120's.  Rob Phinisee is exhibit A there.  I think IU will recruit just fine even with Turdue's recent uptick.  Given time and results, maybe we'll see a little less crowing on GBI as well.

Oh I don’t doubt it but I hardly think Archie gave up on the kid because of his talent like some are suggesting ... honestly I don’t think it’s a coincidence he commits shortly after Belien leaves Michigan as they were high on his list too. I’m sure we are going to cursing under our breath more than once over the next 4 years he is there. I think it’s great when all the Indiana teams are good...I think we raise more awareness for the sport and all our schools and they all benefit...plus we get great exciting games. I can’t wait to see our team grow next year.

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

Oh I don’t doubt it but I hardly think Archie gave up on the kid because of his talent like some are suggesting ... honestly I don’t think it’s a coincidence he commits shortly after Belien leaves Michigan as they were high on his list too. I’m sure we are going to cursing under our breath more than once over the next 4 years he is there. I think it’s great when all the Indiana teams are good...I think we raise more awareness for the sport and all our schools and they all benefit...plus we get great exciting games. I can’t wait to see our team grow next year.

This. It’s clear he was a bit overrated but he’s still going to be a good player for us. But to assume Archie had moved on because of his level of play is probably inaccurate.

33 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

This. It’s clear he was a bit overrated but he’s still going to be a good player for us. But to assume Archie had moved on because of his level of play is probably inaccurate.

Exactly. Once he felt confident the kid was committing he went out and offered Leal and Galloway. Honestly the way Galloway has been coming on I’m super excited about him. I will say now is the time for Painter to really land some big recruits after his recent success. If he can’t land them after back to back successful seasons taking Purdue as far as they’ve been in like 35 years he may never get a bigger bump. He should be making hay.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Exactly. Once he felt confident the kid was committing he went out and offered Leal and Galloway. Honestly the way Galloway has been coming on I’m super excited about him. I will say now is the time for Painter to really land some big recruits after his recent success. If he can’t land them after back to back successful seasons taking Purdue as far as they’ve been in like 35 years he may never get a bigger bump. He should be making hay.

True. I think he’ll land a solid ‘21 class in addition to finishing up the ‘20 class strong. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

True. I think he’ll land a solid ‘21 class in addition to finishing up the ‘20 class strong. 

Boiler.  You know I love ya.  However, you do know you can change your avatar at any time.  I have an avatar of downtown Denver, over looking the mountains. As an example. My suggestion.  Change your avatar to the Arch.   Just a thought. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Boiler.  You know I love ya.  However, you do know you can change your avatar at any time.  I have an avatar of downtown Denver, over looking the mountains. As an example. My suggestion.  Change your avatar to the Arch.   Just a thought. 

@Stlboiler23.  Let me help you.  I vote for this 'Arch' image.

image.jpeg.656b1b9d6a87f201ea142d245221282d.jpeg

Archived