2020 Recruiting Hub

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Another week. Any chance a 2020 kid might pop this week? Or are we in wait until later in the summer mode?

I keep expecting to log on and have a new commitment to read about. Someone needs commit so we can talk about them the rest of the summer!

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://apple.news/AUy3EkHEWM1GHdm8Qw34Tzg

Luke Goode per this article 

Yes. Yesterday, TDH reported that Luke would be taking a visit this week :

IU Basketball Offers Top Three Class of 2021 In-State Players Before Junior Seasons – The Daily Hoosier

TDH ran this on Luke in May:

IU Basketball Recruiting 2021 Names to Know: Luke Goode – The Daily Hoosier

4 hours ago, Madison22 said:

Top 70 ranked 6' 5" guard.  Played on Furst's Indy Heat team for at least one weekend this Spring.  He is also the nephew of former Indiana QB Trent Green, according to a comment on (not by) @The Daily Hoosier

playing-basketball-smiley-emoticon.gif

Luke plays on the same high school team as Furst. Blackhawk Christian is loaded

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty sure Luke plays for Homestead. 

That’s correct. This 21 class is so loaded I think all of us Indiana schools could land a couple of these kids and be thrilled. Also no wonder why the Luke Brown kid is such a long shot to get an offer...just too many quality kids with size and skill for the D1 level ahead of him...heck even Blackmon is pretty far down the list. Any other given year they might both get an offer from one of the top Indiana schools but I think both will end up at mid majors.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s correct. This 21 class is so loaded I think all of us Indiana schools could land a couple of these kids and be thrilled. Also no wonder why the Luke Brown kid is such a long shot to get an offer...just too many quality kids with size and skill for the D1 level ahead of him...heck even Blackmon is pretty far down the list. Any other given year they might both get an offer from one of the top Indiana schools but I think both will end up at mid majors.

Agreed. A lot of talent in that ‘21 class. Seems to be quite a bit deeper than the ‘20 class. Purdue only having 2 scholarships is interesting because in most years, Luke Goode would’ve already had an offer by now. But when you’ve got guys on the board like Furst, Max Christie, and Harrison Ingram still in play, you have to put those offers to guys liken Goode on hold. 

13 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Much better pic boiler. I respect Carson. Haarms on the other hand 💩💩💩 I wouldn’t be able to watch him wipe his hands through his hair 2 thousand times every game. 

Mile’s a good dude and when he asked me to change it, I obliged. He’s stuck up for me over the years and don’t want to cause issues. I’d hate Haarms too if I didn’t root for Purdue if I’m being honest. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Mile’s a good dude and when he asked me to change it, I obliged. He’s stuck up for me over the years and don’t want to cause issues. I’d hate Haarms too if I didn’t root for Purdue if I’m being honest. 

He does play hard though. 

If my math is right, we have four schollies for 2020 and three schollies lined up for 2021.  If you want four from each class, that’s highly do-able and puts IU in a good spot.   

The three currently coming free for 2021 would be in the place of the then-graduating Durham, Smith, and Brunk.  Statistics on having some form of other departure by then tell you that we fairly likely end up with four spots in both classes.  

I think having a 3-4 man class per year is ideal.  

Luke Goode’s size and ability to shoot the ball make him a possible high priority recruit, IMO.  If the biggest goals are Lander, Kaufman, Furst, and Goode, that would be loaded, and an ideal group of complementary players. 

Archived