2020 Recruiting Hub

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No worries there are like 20 high schools in Fort Wayne haha. 

Let me see...

Wayne

South

North

Snider

Luers

Dwenger

Northrop

Concordia

Canterbury

Blackhawk

Homestead

Carroll

Did I leave anybody off?  I suppose you could put Leo, Heritage, and Woodland on the list.

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah I thought he should’ve been ranked. I think the order of Indiana players minus him was right though. I could see an argument for him being in there ahead of Powell but below Ivey, Davis, and Leal. 

I think he is better than everyone of those guys besides maybe Ivey it’s close. Also there isn’t a lot of separation when I say better. 

8 minutes ago, CC_Hoosier said:

I believe quite a few ended up going to Leo and New Haven. 

I think that's correct. Some would have gone to Heritage and Woodlan as well, as crazy as that seems.  I noticed Woodlan's football roster suddenly became much more diverse.

They were all part of the East Allen County school system.  I graduated just before that happened, but it had been rumored since the late 80's.  

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I know New Haven got coach Al Gooden after Harding closed. He was a sub gym teacher when I was in school, then became girls basketball coach. Had tremendous success at Harding. Came to New Haven to coach the boys team and had some success.

Al Gooden.....Wayne HS?  I know he played at Ball State with McCallum.  I was thinking he went to Wayne and played along side Roosevelt Barnes?

1 hour ago, rico said:

Al Gooden.....Wayne HS?  I know he played at Ball State with McCallum.  I was thinking he went to Wayne and played along side Roosevelt Barnes?

I'd have to check on that.  I'll be in Fort Wayne for a family reunion this weekend.  I can ask a Wayne grad and current South Side principal that is a big sports fan.  Plus, his wife played for Al at New Haven. They should know.

25 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Anyone know where CAM and staff are at with Powell,I assume it's the player from Evansville that's at 149

I have seen Powell play.  He will not be a contributor at a high level D1 school.  Decent shotblocker, but zero offensive game.

Archived