Jalen Lecque Cuts IU

dwtaylor1055

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of the recruits I've watched tape on(mostly top guys and IU recruits), this kid is by far above and beyond the most impressive.

If he can somehow hold off until spring, I think we have a very good chance to showcase how we can feature a guard in our offense and make an impact.

9 minutes ago, Max said:

Out of the recruits I've watched tape on(mostly top guys and IU recruits), this kid is by far above and beyond the most impressive.

If he can somehow hold off until spring, I think we have a very good chance to showcase how we can feature a guard in our offense and make an impact.

Kid can fly. I thought of John Wall watching his tape. You?

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Kid can fly. I thought of John Wall watching his tape. You?

Quite literally, he can fly its absurd. I see a lot of John Wall for sure, I like that comparison. I also kinda agree with Jalen on his baby westbrook comparison he's been making on IG. 

Truly elite in his ability to get to the rim. I need to see an NY Rens game asap. Him and Kofi Cockburn... just wow.

24 minutes ago, Max said:

Quite literally, he can fly its absurd. I see a lot of John Wall for sure, I like that comparison. I also kinda agree with Jalen on his baby westbrook comparison he's been making on IG. 

Truly elite in his ability to get to the rim. I need to see an NY Rens game asap. Him and Kofi Cockburn... just wow.

I caught part of Rens game at EYBL in Westfield but don't know if he was playing or not. Was watching for Kofi, wish I knew about Lecque at the time and I would have watched more of that game if he was playing.

From Espn's recruiting blog:

10.Jalen Lecque, PG, Christ School (North Carolina)

Lecque’s recruitment turned up a notch on Monday night, when Kentucky reached out and offered the point guard. The Wildcats have been monitoring Lecque for some time, but had not offered yet. Now that they’ve extended an offer, it will be interesting to see where his recruitment goes. Indiana and Louisville also offered recently, while Duke has been recruiting him and went to see Lecque before the first live period last week. Memphis has also entered the fray since Penny Hardaway took over. There’s a long list of schools in pursuit, but Kentucky’s offer will undoubtedly have an impact.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

From.reading his quotes, I would advise the young man to slow down and take his time.

It seems like a bit of a whirlwind for him right now.

I advise patience, in his best interest.

Yes any kid still thinking of re-classing to 18' at this point is rushing. Also no mention of IU.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What happened to letting kids be kids and not rushing growing up.

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't give up my senior year of high school for anything, regardless of how good I was.

30 minutes ago, ephul said:

I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't give up my senior year of high school for anything, regardless of how good I was.

Me either and I wouldn't give up my college eligibility no matter how much I would get paid playing professionally.

13 hours ago, ephul said:

I would gladly do it. I was accepted into IU by August (before school started) of my Senior year.  I think my Senior year academic schedule had 2 Study Halls and Typing for 3 of my 6hour 30 minute day. Minus some sport accomplishments and a couple of personal conquests....my senior year was a waste. Get me to Bloomington asap I was saying. 

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I don't really care what you think but it is totally the truth.  My dream was to play for IU and play in the NCAA tournament and not the NBA.

Some kids dream is to get themselves/their family out of poverty or even to set up future generations with wealth. 

In a way, it's incredibly selfish that you would risk setting up your children with generational wealth just to live out some boyhood fantasy. 

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Some kids dream is to get themselves/their family out of poverty or even to set up future generations with wealth. 

In a way, it's incredibly selfish that you would risk setting up your children with generational wealth just to live out some boyhood fantasy. 

Money is not everything and it does not guarantee happiness.  How many people have actually lost a career after an injury in college.  With how great the care is now there are not that many career ending injuries because of the advanced technology.

Archived