Jalen Lecque Cuts IU

dwtaylor1055

Players develop in the NBA as well. There’s the narrative that staying in school and playing vs inferior competition is greater than playing sparingly but training with the best in the nba and it annoys me. If you can get drafted in the first round you go. Simple as that for me. How you gonna risk 6m or more when you can develop just as much with the team than you can by playing 30 games in college.

Wasnt bridges a lottery pick last year? He gave up like 3m and a year closer to the second contract to potentially dropping out of lottery. And for what?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Players develop in the NBA as well. There’s the narrative that staying in school and playing vs inferior competition is greater than playing sparingly but training with the best in the nba and it annoys me. If you can get drafted in the first round you go. Simple as that for me. How you gonna risk 6m or more when you can develop just as much with the team than you can by playing 30 games in college.

Wasnt bridges a lottery pick last year? He gave up like 3m and a year closer to the second contract to potentially dropping out of lottery. And for what?

The magical experience of getting caught up in the pay-for-play scandal, spending all season covering his scumbag coach’s ass in the media, and then getting bounced in the second round of the tournament.  You can’t put a price on that!

3 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Yeah, Miles made a really bad call in staying a second year.  I'm guessing Lecque is gone after a year unless he doesn't show what he's capable of showing.  Great player, but I wonder if he'll be the first to punch his IU ticket.  I suspect IU is gonna run out of room very quickly.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, Miles made a really bad call in staying a second year.  I'm guessing Lecque is gone after a year unless he doesn't show what he's capable of showing.  Great player, but I wonder if he'll be the first to punch his IU ticket.  I suspect IU is gonna run out of room very quickly.

I’m gonna trust the staff with their offers. I’m sure they’ll go down the list and offer when the times right. 2019 was always the benchmark for me and I’m sitting pretty in that aspect. If TJD commits elsewhere then I’ll start getting anxious. As far as Leque goes I think your spot on. Can’t blame the staff for not getting him early or him committing early so this one is kind of a freeroll. 

12 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Enjoying himself and getting to be a kid.  That money is not going anywhere and to some money does not run their lives.

A lot of you guys just look at on the court when you looking at kids making the decision to stay or go but there are a lot more that goes into that decision.  Very few 18 year old kids are mature enough to go out and be on their own and handle their finances and their off the court lives.  Most of their teammates will be older men who have families off the court and on their off time they are with their families.  These 18 year old kids won't have wives or kids so in their free time they don't have that much to occupy their time and that is when things can go wrong.

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Losing a ton of money early in life is sometimes the best teacher. Being broke at age 28 isn't the worst thing in the world...but having that as a life lesson so early? Priceless.

PS....I'm all for kids getting their guarantees. Plenty of people who earn $100k per year over 30 years never even sniff 7 figure savings because of what they spend. They can setup themselves for life (if handled correctly) all at once.  I like that option. Just like Victor said when he signed his first NBA contract I asked him what he bought....he said a savings account. I see Baker Mayfield echoed the same words yesterday too.

That's awesome you got to ask Victor that. Are you in the media or know him?

19 minutes ago, cybergates said:

That's awesome you got to ask Victor that. Are you in the media or know him?

Haha...no on media. When Victor graduated they had a special event when he returned to Pacers first time. Meet and greet during pregame shoot around. Nothing special. You paid for a ticket and a donation to IU or something...but we were there early enough that we were standing first row next to him when I asked. I think the Star has a photo of it somewhere.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Haha...no on media. When Victor graduated they had a special event when he returned to Pacers first time. Meet and greet during pregame shoot around. Nothing special. You paid for a ticket and a donation to IU or something...but we were there early enough that we were standing first row next to him when I asked. I think the Star has a photo of it somewhere.

Right on. I went to opening night vs. the Magic. Pretty cool the reception he rec'd as an opposing team's player and having nothing to do with the Pacers at the time. I was sitting behind a couple of Purdouchers and they were complaining that Pacers fans were cheering for an opposing player. Etwaun Moore was on the Magic at the time and they proceeded to cheer for him when he scored. Clueless little brothers.

29 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Right on. I went to opening night vs. the Magic. Pretty cool the reception he rec'd as an opposing team's player and having nothing to do with the Pacers at the time. I was sitting behind a couple of Purdouchers and they were complaining that Pacers fans were cheering for an opposing player. Etwaun Moore was on the Magic at the time and they proceeded to cheer for him when he scored. Clueless little brothers.

I was there as well. It was awesome. 

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

A lot of you guys just look at on the court when you looking at kids making the decision to stay or go but there are a lot more that goes into that decision.  Very few 18 year old kids are mature enough to go out and be on their own and handle their finances and their off the court lives.  Most of their teammates will be older men who have families off the court and on their off time they are with their families.  These 18 year old kids won't have wives or kids so in their free time they don't have that much to occupy their time and that is when things can go wrong.

I remember back in the day when kids got married at 14. These kids that want to go do their own thing so young are just throwbacks like you, Scott. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived