Memorial Stadium through the years

On 6/4/2018 at 1:27 PM, milehiiu said:

Bob.  Let me put it this way.  While IU baseball was plodding along at Sembower, across the street from McNutt., the program failed to attract players, and basically was nothing more than a club sport.  That's my opinion, and others may argue differently.  That's ok.  And my apologies to all those that toiled at Sembower. But, at the time of being a student, and attending many of IU's baseball games.... I had seen many Little League fields in NWI that outclassed Sembower.

Now... with Kaufman, IU has not only been able to attract quality players, but has turned into a winning program.  Even making it to the College Baseball World Series, in one year after Kaufman was built.  I think that show what having a first class facility can mean to a school and a program. 

And that is why, I believe the improvements to Memorial Stadium will pay dividends in terms of recruiting in the years to come.  Having one of the, if the largest workout facility in the nation, is amazing. 

To kids it' s a new field and for some reason or other we typically see more pride shown.IU Baseball, Nebraska Basketball and Minny football saw an immediate bump.This also makes we wonder why , with IU Soccer being so high profile, that a program with perennial elite status doesn't get what they have long deserved.It seems really out of touch with the overall effort to better establish the sport in the US.That's a whole different topic, though sort of.Unless we are talking about establishing itself, in which case I like the direction IU Football is headed overall. I'l leave it there, but great honest thoughts ...as always.Thanks! 

On 6/29/2018 at 6:10 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

The closed entrance ends block the view of the Villas lol.  Man that was a party place back in the day.

Yes, only rivaled by Assembly Hall on the other side of the Stadium.The stadium action always seemed to be the crap in the middle other than when Mallory coached and Randle El played.At least in my lifetime anyway. Since I'm not a kid anymore I prefer the partying to be on the East Side of the street as well as INSIDE the Rock and The Hall from here out.Lol Although a Kryzewskiville like thing going on would look kinda prestigious.Wouldn't you agree.

• 2 weeks later...

I drive by this almost every day, and the outside is really coming together.  The back of the video display has a cool limestone backing with and IU logo carved into it.  I saw the pieces sittting on a truck before they installed it, it’s pretty cool.  The outside pillars have a unique look as well.  Can’t wait to get a closer look.

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

I drive by this almost every day, and the outside is really coming together.  The back of the video display has a cool limestone backing with and IU logo carved into it.  I saw the pieces sittting on a truck before they installed it, it’s pretty cool.  The outside pillars have a unique look as well.  Can’t wait to get a closer look.

I was standing on the 50 yard line a week ago. Stadium is sweet! It has the feel of some big time football now 

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, jblaz13 said:

To kids it' s a new field and for some reason or other we typically see more pride shown.IU Baseball, Nebraska Basketball and Minny football saw an immediate bump.This also makes we wonder why , with IU Soccer being so high profile, that a program with perennial elite status doesn't get what they have long deserved.It seems really out of touch with the overall effort to better establish the sport in the US.That's a whole different topic, though sort of.Unless we are talking about establishing itself, in which case I like the direction IU Football is headed overall. I'l leave it there, but great honest thoughts ...as always.Thanks! 

I would very much like the athletic department to make an investment in giving our soccer program a state of the art facility that is reflective of their success.  I really believe that soccer is trending in the right direction and will become a third revenue sport for athletic programs and by investing early, it will put us at the top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived