Kira Lewis Jr. Commits to Alabama and random baseball stuff.

ADegenerate

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

At 1 point I read somewhere that the 2 would like to play together in college. Look for Memphis to be a player in this 1

That wouldn't surprise me.  Although not taking early NBA entries/transfers into consideration yet, they're as tight on scholarships as we are. 

22 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If looking at former 5* recruits that are transferring with 3 years of eligibility left counts as begging for scraps, call me a dumpster diver all you want. 

And it's not like he just didn't like Alabama or was a head case, or didn't like the system. His coach was fired.

7 hours ago, ephul said:

And it's not like he just didn't like Alabama or was a head case, or didn't like the system. His coach was fired.

Exactly...and he was very very good for a 17 year old. He is super athletic (long armed) and while his shooting was streaky give him a year in the gym not playing and working on his shot he should be really good. His defense I thought was excellent. I really liked the kid....perfect combo guard.

8 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

If looking at former 5* recruits that are transferring with 3 years of eligibility left counts as begging for scraps, call me a dumpster diver all you want. 

No doubt....that is like someone offering you a steak from St. Elmo's because they accidentally brought an extra one to the table. Yes please!! I've watched this kid several times. Played very well this year especially for reclassifying....sorry it didn't work out for him.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Saw him live against UK. VERY athletic,  and played with some fire. Would be a huge get. He could bring his friend too.

Yes...I was impressed with his length and athleticism.....plus a year in the gym he would probably be a one and done for us but man he should fill out nicely and could tighten up his game....and perfect for pack line defense.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yes...I was impressed with his length and athleticism.....plus a year in the gym he would probably be a one and done for us but man he should fill out nicely and could tighten up his game....and perfect for pack line defense.

And in the year he had to sit out, I'd pay to watch he and Rob facing off in practice. Which would make both of them better.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, Zlinedavid said:

He said one year because he has no clue who the kid is, like normal just throwning crap out there. Half the guys that bitch on here have no clue.

19 hours ago, Indykev said:

He said one year because he has no clue who the kid is, like normal just throwning crap out there. Half the guys that bitch on here have no clue.

When certain posters come around only when IU is performing poorly or a rival does well, it makes you wonder if they're a fan at all....

Why not go after Lewis and his teammate Petty? Last time we had a duo of transfers from the state of Alabama it worked out Okay. I realize they’d both have to sit out which isn’t ideal, but depending on the turnover I like both of their games. 

Edit: Petty just announced he was returning to Alabama. 

20 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Any new information here? I’ve been busy and haven’t had time to look into anything lately. Also, I believe that he’d be able to play right away since there was a coaching change, correct?

Sounds like Duke is hard after him

500600CC-2651-477F-A61F-BE16FCCE1883.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just part of the recruiting game. Kid probably doesn't forget we were hard after DJ Carton and only turned up the pressure once DJ said yes to Ohio St. Part of the deal in recruiting. No blame for anyone. 

I'm confused, what does Carton have to do with Lewis?

Just now, Stromboli said:

No, Lewis was a 2019 before he reclassed. We were hard after Mann, Lewis, Carton, and Ramsey last summer  we prioritized Carton. Lewis reclassed to Alabama and had an amazing season. He'll likely be the best of the 4.

I was typing the exact thing when you posted. 

I remember somebody even quoting Lewis saying that he thought Carton was going to IU after he committed to OSU.

Archived