Kira Lewis Jr. Commits to Alabama and random baseball stuff.

ADegenerate

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

KDB will drop some knowledge on us.

He pretty much states that he wants to visit IU this summer as well as Kansas, Kentucky, and Alabama. He plans to decide before November of this year where he is going. He referenced Coach schilling which we have seen to be a great asset in our recruiting. Lastly, his mom talks about wanting to hand him over to someone that will help mold him to be a strong man someone that will be a role model for him. That is the gist of it.

1 hour ago, HoosierKix said:

He pretty much states that he wants to visit IU this summer as well as Kansas, Kentucky, and Alabama. He plans to decide before November of this year where he is going. He referenced Coach schilling which we have seen to be a great asset in our recruiting. Lastly, his mom talks about wanting to hand him over to someone that will help mold him to be a strong man someone that will be a role model for him. That is the gist of it.

I feel like IU has 8 horses in a 15 horse field and our 8 horses are all in order as they hit the last turn. We have every option covered. Win, place, show, exacta, trifect, boxed them all even a superfecta. Not sure how this is going to play out but right now I feel like this 2019 class is going to be another top 10. Maybe top 5. Guess it's time to sit back and watch how it unfolds this summer.

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I feel like IU has 8 horses in a 15 horse field and our 8 horses are all in order as they hit the last turn. We have every option covered. Win, place, show, exacta, trifect, boxed them all even a superfecta. Not sure how this is going to play out but right now I feel like this 2019 class is going to be another top 10. Maybe top 5. Guess it's time to sit back and watch how it unfolds this summer.

honestly, even if we missed out on all but 1 of these guys, i feel fantastic to be in the running for some many in such a short amount of time.

Per a new Evan Daniels piece, Lewis says Kansas, Indiana, Alabama, Auburn, and Kentucky are the schools recruiting him the hardest.

Also says he is planning visits to Alabama, IU, Kansas, and Kentucky.

• 3 weeks later...

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nbpa-top-100-kira-lewis-talks-recruiting

Indiana: "I'm still trying to take a visit there. With all of these camps and everything it's hard to schedule. You can't take visits in July, so I'm trying to get all I can in during June. If I don't go in June then I'll definitely go when I can go (on visits) again. People love basketball at Indiana, the tradition they have it's just a great school. A great basketball school."

The Crimson Tide appears to be in the best position at this point while Indiana has made a good push and Georgia could really help themselves with a strong visit. However, the potential game changer here would be an offer from Kentucky. If the Wildcats end up offering during July, they would likely become the favorites to land Lewis.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nbpa-top-100-kira-lewis-talks-recruiting

Indiana: "I'm still trying to take a visit there. With all of these camps and everything it's hard to schedule. You can't take visits in July, so I'm trying to get all I can in during June. If I don't go in June then I'll definitely go when I can go (on visits) again. People love basketball at Indiana, the tradition they have it's just a great school. A great basketball school."

The Crimson Tide appears to be in the best position at this point while Indiana has made a good push and Georgia could really help themselves with a strong visit. However, the potential game changer here would be an offer from Kentucky. If the Wildcats end up offering during July, they would likely become the favorites to land Lewis.

Refreshing to hear a kid emphasize the tradition at IU.

IU fans should show him more love. He's just as good as Carton (if not better) and has a bigger/stronger frame to back it up.

I think we have a really good shot at him. His top 4 is Bama, IU, UK, and KU. KU already has a PG and are likely to land an in-state SG. UK already has Maxey and are in deep with Lecque, so this could end up being a Bama/IU race.

4 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Refreshing to hear a kid emphasize the tradition at IU.

IU fans should show him more love. He's just as good as Carton (if not better) and has a bigger/stronger frame to back it up.

I think we have a really good shot at him. His top 4 is Bama, IU, UK, and KU. KU already has a PG and are likely to land an in-state SG. UK already has Maxey and are in deep with Lecque, so this could end up being a Bama/IU race.

Either he or Carton would seem to fill the bill.  It's Carton who has the stronger frame, at least at present, though.  Carton was 27 lbs. heavier than Lewis at the U18 trials, despite being two inches shorter.  Interestingly, the two had identical standing reaches, and both had excellent vertical jumps.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Headline on the other site says Lewis is weighing options to reclassify to the 2018 class.  Can't read the story but if he does reclassify then we are out.

This pUKe site that came up paints that as less than ideal for Kentucky, although they make a point about them making up ground in similar scenario before. An unofficial can obviously change a kid's mind if it goes well enough anywhere.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/7/27/17621948/uk-basketball-recruiting-kira-lewis-may-reclassify-2018

To me a reclassification by Lewis at this stage  looks almost if not more ideal for Kansas, since thy had a spot open up.The Kansas City Star online also ran a short piece about this latest info . 

I don't know what the roster looks like at 'Bama, so I can't even guess whether or not changing to '18  might also  knock them out of the picture.  If he makes the move and it isn't going to be Indiana,  I would much rather see anyone get him other than UK or KU. Of course I would never want to see him end up at any other B1G school but that doesn't seem very likely in any event.

Archived