Kira Lewis Jr. Commits to Alabama and random baseball stuff.

ADegenerate

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, KDB said:

Newly ranked 5-star Kira Lewis plans to visit Alabama in early June, along with Indiana and Kentucky in the coming weeks per a new Bama hoops article.

What a dilemma of possible package deals IU might have, Lewis and Watford OR Brooks and Jackson-Davis? Lewis and Watford work better positionally since you get a PG and a wing, but Brooks and TJD are both in state guys. Would be amazing if we could get all 4 and call it a day/recruiting class for 19.

4 minutes ago, cybergates said:

What a dilemma of possible package deals IU might have, Lewis and Watford OR Brooks and Jackson-Davis? Lewis and Watford work better positionally since you get a PG and a wing, but Brooks and TJD are both in state guys. Would be amazing if we could get all 4 and call it a day/recruiting class for 19.

As I was reading through your post, I was thinking your last sentence.

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

I actually don't think get both of these package deals is a problem from filling positions...

Kira plays 1-2 (know nothing about him other than what he's listed/ranked on rivals)

Brooks play 3 (per him)

Watford plays 4 (referenced how the staff showed him some things of using him like Juwan...in no situation has Juwan been considered a 3 for us)

TJD plays 5

Sounds like a dream double package deal to me :jumprope: Get those two "packages" and call it a fantastic day! Also, just htinking about recent trends in how the game is shaping up, this is the ideal kind of line-up to throw out there these days for the "positionless" bball point of view.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Damn right!!!!!!!!

I think it's so ironic and awesome. We spend a decade complaining about not getting in state guys. We have 2 in TJD and Brooks that any program in the country would want....and yet the second a couple of out of state 5 star guys start sniffing around IU...the debate begins.

I'll take TJD and Brooks. Anything else is gravy. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it's so ironic and awesome. We spend a decade complaining about not getting in state guys. We have 2 in TJD and Brooks that any program in the country would want....and yet the second a couple of out of state 5 star guys start sniffing around IU...the debate begins.

I'll take TJD and Brooks. Anything else is gravy. 

I don’t think you’ll find an IU fan who says they wouldn’t take TJD and Brooks. In fact, I was one who said I would prefer Watford>Brooks. But seeing keion this spring look engaged on both ends of the court and aggressive has changed my preference for the class. 

1. TJD

2. KBJ

3. DJ Carton

4. Watford

5. Kira Lewis

1 hour ago, ArchieBall13 said:

I actually don't think get both of these package deals is a problem from filling positions...

Kira plays 1-2 (know nothing about him other than what he's listed/ranked on rivals)

Brooks play 3 (per him)

Watford plays 4 (referenced how the staff showed him some things of using him like Juwan...in no situation has Juwan been considered a 3 for us)

TJD plays 5

Sounds like a dream double package deal to me :jumprope: Get those two "packages" and call it a fantastic day! Also, just htinking about recent trends in how the game is shaping up, this is the ideal kind of line-up to throw out there these days for the "positionless" bball point of view.

I wasn't thinking that getting all four guys would be a problem "filling positions" and agree with what you posted regarding it. I was saying that since we only have two open spots it may be a situation where only one of these package deals would be available from a scholly standpoint. If that's the case then the Lewis/Watford package would be better positionally since one is a PG and the other is a PF/SF. If I had to pick, I would go with Brooks/TJD, since I think they are both better than Watford/Lewis and they're Indiana guys.

2 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

I don’t think you’ll find an IU fan who says they wouldn’t take TJD and Brooks. In fact, I was one who said I would prefer Watford>Brooks. But seeing keion this spring look engaged on both ends of the court and aggressive has changed my preference for the class. 

1. TJD

2. KBJ

3. DJ Carton

4. Watford

5. Kira Lewis

I haven't seen Carton so my list based on what I saw from the 4 at EYBL

1A. TJD

1B. KBJ

3. Lewis

4. Watford

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

I wasn't thinking that getting all four guys would be a problem "filling positions" and agree with what you posted regarding it. I was saying that since we only have two open spots it may be a situation where only one of these package deals would be available from a scholly standpoint. If that's the case then the Lewis/Watford package would be better positionally since one is a PG and the other is a PF/SF. If I had to pick, I would go with Brooks/TJD, since I think they are both better than Watford/Lewis and they're Indiana guys.

Got it, that make sense. I think Danomatic posted this a little while back, but I'm betting Archie is planning for a four man class personally. His assumption is probably Romeo is gone + 1 transfer

I like Archie's approach.  Lewis has blown up and it sounds like we have a non-zero chance.  

My two cents is that I would work on Brandon Newman either way.  It would get us into the region.  He looks athletic and he shot from 3 consistently at a 40% clip.  He could be a four year player who becomes tough over time.  Xavier is involved but c'mon.  

From what I gather, there is not a high volume of guards nearby.  If we are on Lewis (and Carton), that's great, but Newman interests me.  

Jackson-Davis

Brooks

Newman

Carton or Kira Lewis

I'd be stoked about a class like that.  Then we hit 2020 and 2021

Archived