MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm the Cardinals I swallow my pride and go to the Cubs and ask permission to speak with Dave Martinez. Although maybe Cubs already have an agreement in place with him being next manager after Joe is done in a few years. David Ross might have same deal in place though.

14 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yanks are in the playoffs. Fell 2 games shy of the division. Not too shabby for a team a lot of experts thought they would finish last place. And Aaron Judge is a stud!

"All Rise, the Court is in Session"!

Go Twins!

On 10/01/2017 at 9:31 AM, Seeking6 said:

If I'm the Cardinals I swallow my pride and go to the Cubs and ask permission to speak with Dave Martinez. Although maybe Cubs already have an agreement in place with him being next manager after Joe is done in a few years. David Ross might have same deal in place though.

I don't think that there is any agreement between Martinez and the Cubs on him taking over for Maddon.  He has interviewed for the Nationals and the Rockies manager job since coming to Chicago.  His wife is a Chicago native though they now live in Tampa.

2 minutes ago, slojoe said:

I don't think that there is any agreement between Martinez and the Cubs on him taking over for Maddon.  He has interviewed for the Nationals and the Rockies manager job since coming to Chicago.  His wife is a Chicago native though they now live in Tampa.

Yep. I just meant it could be a private conversation they've discussed. Not sure why Martinez hasn't been hired. Been with Joe for years. Results are hard to argue with in Tampa and Chicago.

On 9/28/2017 at 3:45 PM, slojoe said:

I agree with you.  Have you heard any talk that his job is in trouble?

Nope quite the opposite. Front office is adamant that he's their guy and fully support him. If you look at the record since 2013, the cardinals have gotten worse each year. They have so many holes to fill before next year and even if they do, I'm not confident that Matheny can lead them back to the playoffs. 

47 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nope quite the opposite. Front office is adamant that he's their guy and fully support him. If you look at the record since 2013, the cardinals have gotten worse each year. They have so many holes to fill before next year and even if they do, I'm not confident that Matheny can lead them back to the playoffs. 

Out of curiosity, how many eligible FA's do they have?

3 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Altuve = AL MVP Hands down.  He handled Sale last night.  Great start for my Astros!!

Altuve  is a heck of a player.  Something tells me he is HoF material barring injuries.  And yes a fabulous start for your Strohs.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yankee fans are actually saying to dump Girardi and look at Francona. Many feel Girardi cost the Yanks the division by his many stupid mistakes......

And the Yankees board is blowin' up tonight!!!

After a tough 13 inning loss to the Indians (after leading 8-3). Fans are ready to run Girardi out of town! Especailly after not challenging a call in the 6th that came back to bite them. Francona was clearly the better manager tonight.....

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

And the Yankees board is blowin' up tonight!!!

After a tough 13 inning loss to the Indians (after leading 8-3). Fans are ready to run Girardi out of town! Especailly after not challenging a call in the 6th that came back to bite them. Francona was clearly the better manager tonight.....

I don't blame it for blowing up.  It is hard to fathom with technology the way it is these days as far as Joe goes.  He challenges the Yanks probably win that game.  Just shaking my head.

Archived