MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, rico said:

In other news.........Houston thumps the Bosox again and the Cubbies win in, what I thought, was a very entertaining game.  

Kyle Hendricks. 2 Earned Runs total in 5 postseason starts. I wake up this morning and everyone was talking about Strasburg yet they forget about KH all the time. All pressure squarely on Nats now. 

Regarding Yankees/Girardi. Those losses are the type that make a franchise change direction. Will always love Joe (Cubs fan) but maybe a year off or change of scenery is needed. Not a Yankees fan so I don't know what most of their fans think.

Edit: Didn't read other posts before I asked about Girardi. Kind of what I expected.

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding Yankees/Girardi. Those losses are the type that make a franchise change direction. Will always love Joe (Cubs fan) but maybe a year off or change of scenery is needed. Not a Yankees fan so I don't know what most of their fans think.

Well the way I look at it is that Joe got them into the post season.  And most of the Yankee fans I see on other boards say it is time for a change.  

On 10/6/2017 at 10:45 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

And the Yankees board is blowin' up tonight!!!

After a tough 13 inning loss to the Indians (after leading 8-3). Fans are ready to run Girardi out of town! Especailly after not challenging a call in the 6th that came back to bite them. Francona was clearly the better manager tonight.....

Tito is one of the greatest and most underappreciated managers of all time. 

27 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Tito is one of the greatest and most underappreciated managers of all time. 

Not to get off topic much but it's amazing how the great coaches in different sports just need a fresh start somewhere else. Belichick fired by Cleveland look at him now. Saban at MSU was average at best...look at him now. Same with Tito. 4 years in Philly and his best finish was 8 below .500? Now look at him.

Was funny reading an article that when Theo was hiring his manager in Boston. I think it was after 2003 season. He narrowed it down to 2. Francona and Maddon. Funny how 13-14 later these are 1 and 1A guys in the league.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to get off topic much but it's amazing how the great coaches in different sports just need a fresh start somewhere else. Belichick fired by Cleveland look at him now. Saban at MSU was average at best...look at him now. Same with Tito. 4 years in Philly and his best finish was 8 below .500? Now look at him.

Was funny reading an article that when Theo was hiring his manager in Boston. I think it was after 2003 season. He narrowed it down to 2. Francona and Maddon. Funny how 13-14 later these are 1 and 1A guys in the league.

Sometimes it is just finding the right fit.  

Phew!!! What a nail biter at Yankee Stadium last night!

Girardi got booed during the player intros....

Judge robs Clevelands' Lindor of a 2 run homerun. He used all 6'7" of his frame to grab it at the wall (Yes size does matter :coffee:).

Greg Bird smacks a homerun that stood up. I though if you blow a 5 run lead like they did on Friday, no way a 1 run lead will hold up, but it did.

Not sure this 'ol guys ticker can take more games like this

Both Cubs and Nats agreed to play Game 4 at 1:20 today but TBS refused to move time up from 4:38 start. Rain is in forecast all day in Chicago. Couple of small windows here and there but I doubt they can get this one in which means Nats could pitch Strasburg if game is pushed to Wednesday. Big break for Nats if game gets called.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Both Cubs and Nats agreed to play Game 4 at 1:20 today but TBS refused to move time up from 4:38 start. Rain is in forecast all day in Chicago. Couple of small windows here and there but I doubt they can get this one in which means Nats could pitch Strasburg if game is pushed to Wednesday. Big break for Nats if game gets called.

MLB shouldn't sign TV contacts that allows a network to dictate something as important as that. 

The Yanks got off the mat after being down 2 games to none and tied the series at 2 games apiece. Now the decisive game 5 shifts to Cleveland on Wed. No matter, win or lose, I'm proud of what this team has accomplished this year, in spite of their sucky manager. I can't help but think what could have been if the Yankees had held on to their 5 run lead in Fridays game.......

14 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

The Yanks got off the mat after being down 2 games to none and tied the series at 2 games apiece. Now the decisive game 5 shifts to Cleveland on Wed. No matter, win or lose, I'm proud of what this team has accomplished this year, in spite of their sucky manager. I can't help but think what could have been if the Yankees had held on to their 5 run lead in Fridays game.......

Survive and advance.  Sure Joe screwed up, but they still had the lead.  Beat the Tribe and all will be forgotten.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Strasburg declines to take the mound because he cites sick or mold in Chicago,etc.....$175 Million contract and he says I can't? New level of weakness from him. Don't ever recall anything like this given the circumstances.

Wowsers.  Simply amazing.

Archived