MLB discussion

rico

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

New report is that Strasburg will start tonight.

Yep. They can cite all day long that he feels better but this one has Scott Boras written all over it. Either way I hope the Cubs get to him early. Wind blowing in. 60 degrees tops. Could be a 4-2 type game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yankee fans will give you Girardi, LOL......

He's a great manager, not sure why you all want him gone. He deserves more credit for what he did all year and in the WC game than he does blame for Game 2. I hope he goes to Miami on his own conscience and you all are stuck with Bobby Valentine. 

15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Am I the only person that realizes the final out still hasn't been made in the Yankees game?  Dropped the third strike with no tag....

Who cares? The underdog Yanks shocked the world after being down 2 games to nil and took 3 games to move on to face the Stros.... But, to me, more importantly they shut up Smolz! Got tired of his gushing over the Indians

How sweet it is

Just now, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Who cares? The underdog Yanks shocked the world after being down 2 games to nil and took 3 games to move on to face the Stros.... But, to me, more importantly they shut up Smolz! Got tired of his gushing over the Indians

How sweet it is

Personally, I care that the final out didn't get made.  Not because I think it changes the outcome, but because professionals on both teams can't be bothered with finishing the game.  

Good for the Yanks for shocking the world.  I mean that. It shows how good a manager Girardi is, and how silly their fans are that don't think he has been phenomenal this year.  This team has exceeded expectations repeatedly all year.  I hope he is done with the Yankees, he deserves better than you all give him. 

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Personally, I care that the final out didn't get made.  Not because I think it changes the outcome, but because professionals on both teams can't be bothered with finishing the game.  

Good for the Yanks for shocking the world.  I mean that. It shows how good a manager Girardi is, and how silly their fans are that don't think he has been phenomenal this year.  This team has exceeded expectations repeatedly all year.  I hope he is done with the Yankees, he deserves better than you all give him

You mean like the Sawks did Ferrel? Really?

7 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

You mean like the Sawks did Ferrel? Really?

I think there was a much better case to be made for firing Ferrell than Girardi. And yes, really. The Yankees overachieved and he did one of the best single game managerial jobs I can remember to get you were you are. 

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think there was a much better case to be made for firing Ferrell than Girardi. And yes, really. The Yankees overachieved and he did one of the best single game managerial jobs I can remember to get you were you are. 

So you let a guy go after winning a WS in 2013, and back to back AL East champions? I know New York fans can be brutal, but geeze, really......

And yes, once the batter gives himself up, i.e. walking away from home plate, he is out. This according to my son, who is an umpire

24 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So you let a guy go after winning a WS in 2013, and back to back AL East champions? I know New York fans can be brutal, but geeze, really......

And yes, once the batter gives himself up, i.e. walking away from home plate, he is out. This according to my son, who is an umpire

Personally, I'd have kept Ferrell. But I don't think he is as good of a manager as Girardi. I think the Red Sox have easily had the best talent in the division recently, so I'm not sure winning shows much about Ferrell. 

2 hours ago, rico said:

I would probably say Lackey.

As a lifelong Cubs fan...I hope not. My hope is that Q can pitch game 1 since he only threw 12 pitches yesterday. However, I have no idea how much he has thrown on the side. If Q throws game 1...it would set up Lester for 2 (I'm thinking 3 days rest is sufficient after he threw those few innings the other day), then you can have Hendricks for 3 and Arrieta for 4, both on normal rest. I just don't have a good feeling about Lackey vs Kershaw for game 1. Having said all that,  it won't shock me if Maddon goes with Lackey.

While the Yankees are in the ALCS, I'm not feelin' too confident about their chances with Houston. The Stros have beaten the Yanks 5 out of 7 this year. The Yanks pitching staff is a roll of the dice. One thing consistent about them is their inconsistency. Pitch a good game and the next game could be a real dud. Hoping for a good game from Tanaka.

Go Yanks.....

The Cubs are going to have a difficult time in the first couple of games. They have to be spent after the Nats series and will be starting their 3rd-4th starter against the Dodgers who have had a nice rest since eliminating Arizona and have their rotation in order for this series. As much as many want to see a Cubs' repeat, I think it will be the Dodgers in 5

Cubs spent 11 hours traveling to LA. Stopped in New Mexico for a non player medical emergency. Spent another 5 hours waiting for new pilot/crew because the original crew timed out. Every time people expect Cubs to lose because of XYZ....they win. I'm actually in favor of Lackey in Game 1. Veteran gamer who undeservedly gets criticized. He basically carried us after the All Star break for several weeks if you look at his numbers. Only thing is Dodgers suck at hitting lefties. I could see  Q, Lester, Jake, Kyle or Lackey, Q, Lester, Kyle, and Jake.

Cubs in 6. 

3 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

The Cubs are going to have a difficult time in the first couple of games. They have to be spent after the Nats series and will be starting their 3rd-4th starter against the Dodgers who have had a nice rest since eliminating Arizona and have their rotation in order for this series. As much as many want to see a Cubs' repeat, I think it will be the Dodgers in 5

I agree Cubs are starting out in a big hole in first couple games with the long flight and delay after a grueling series with Washington. However, the thing that concerns me the most as a Cubs fan is how bad the bullpen has been...especially with all the walks. It pains me to say it, but I think the Dodgers take the series in 7 (really hope I'm wrong!!) Go Cubs!!

No doubt our pen has caused us some headaches. I'm a little surprised though that regionally and nationally it almost seems like Cubs would be lucky to win series? At least that's the sentiment I read for everyone outside of Chicago.

Time will tell. Cubs resiliency has been a staple under Maddon. Long flights,etc....won't have any impact.

Archived