MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I agree. Sanchez "catches" the ball and he can stick it to Altuve. Series shifts to NY so we shall see. The yanks were down 2 to Cleveland and came back, so we shall see how the youngsters do.

Yeah and Judge should have hit the cutoff instead of throwing to second. 

Long way from over, no home team had lost yet. Yanks will be tough to beat in the Bronx. 

I still think My Beloved Dodgers will never win a World Series with Dave Roberts as their MANAGER 1 Should the Dodgers actually win the World Series while Roberts is their MANAGER , I think it would be IN SPITE OF DAVE ROBERTS , NOT BECAUSE OF DAVE ROBERTS !! I think that Magic Johnson and the other Dodger OWNERS have put together a roster of players that ( MAYBE) may be good enough to overcame  DAVE ROBERT"S silly game decisions !!  If you were a Dodger Fan and Followed the DODGERS Like I have since 1948 , you would understand WHY I AM SAYING THIS !!!

P.S. I hate the [Censured] yankees !! Go Houston !! Beat those Damned yankees !!!!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I still think My Beloved Dodgers will never win a World Series with Dave Roberts as their MANAGER 1 Should the Dodgers actually win the World Series while Roberts is their MANAGER , I think it would be IN SPITE OF DAVE ROBERTS , NOT BECAUSE OF DAVE ROBERTS !! I think that Magic Johnson and the other Dodger OWNERS have put together a roster of players that ( MAYBE) may be good enough to overcame  DAVE ROBERT"S silly game decisions !!  If you were a Dodger Fan and Followed the DODGERS Like I have since 1948 , you would understand WHY I AM SAYING THIS !!!

P.S. I hate the [Censured] yankees !! Go Houston !! Beat those Damned yankees !!!!!!!!!

Ahhh...what irony

16 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

The most important thing a manager can do in baseball is manage the clubhouse.  It seems that Roberts does just fine.  We greatly overrate the importance of what move a manager in a game IMO. 

19 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I bet you loved it when Joe Torre was their manager?

11 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Other than not hitting, pitching, nor fielding the Cubs are doing great.  I'll watch tonight's game, but there doesn't appear to be much life left in my Cubbies.

This. I would add not great managing during the playoffs as well...mainly in regards to the bullpen usage...although he has had limited options. I like Maddon, but the way he uses relievers frustrates me often in postseason. I hope Cubs address pitching during offseason. I am shocked at how anemic the offense has been for the most part the past couple weeks.

Well my beloved Yankees, (sorry HTD), squared the series at 2 games apiece. They face Keuchel tonight in a re-match. I'm hoping the hitters are patient and don't swing at pitches down around their ankles. He's due to have a bad game, maybe in front of a hostile crowd??? I feel tonight's game is crucial if the Yanks are to be successful in moving on to the World Series.

I know Girardi gets a lot of flak for some of his "overthinking" managerial decisions, but he should get MOY for what he's accomplished with this group of players.

Go Yankees

Archived