MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DODGERS  WIN THE PENNANT -THE DODGERS WIN THE PENNANT-THE DODGERS WIN THE PENNANT-THE DODGERS WIN THE PENNANT !! GO NUTS DODGER FANS !!! AND, my beloved DODGERS WON THE PENNANT--DESPITE having an idiot for a MANAGER !! In the only game The Dodgers lost to the Cubs in this series was by a score of 3 to 2 !! In SIX of THE NINE innings , Dumbo Roberts could have used  the sacrifice bunt to move a runner into scoring position !! HE DID NOT DO SO !! In two of those innings , the batter who should have been sacrificing hit INTO A DOUBLE PLAY !! The DOUBLE PLAY not only DESTROYS an inning it takes the BAT out of the hands of a hiitter who AT LEAST has the chance to drive in a RUN !! Some people call this SMALL BALL !! I CALL IT SMART BALL !! Roberts is a [censured ] dummy , imho !! The Dodger OWNERS won this series by getting the right players together !! Now , If they [the Dodger owners] would only get a manager with enough BRAINS to play SMART BASEBALL !!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Houston was 48 & 33 at home during the regular season while those hated -damned yankees were only 40 & 41 ON THE ROAD !! Let all of us yankee haters hope & pray that the HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE works in FAVOR of the 'STROS !!!!

P.S. Houston is UNDEFEATED AT HOME all during this post season [ as are those hated yankees] I hope that rend continues !! Because ? If Houston stays unbeaten over the next 2 game ,THe 'STROS wiil be in the WORLD SERIES [ and not those censured yankees ] !! BTW. If HOUSTON does make the World Serious , The Dodgers will have THE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE !!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DODGERS !!!!!!! ( Win the World Series , even though you have a dummy for a manager ,imho !!

58 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

The DODGERS  WIN THE PENNANT -THE DODGERS WIN THE PENNANT-THE DODGERS WIN THE PENNANT-THE DODGERS WIN THE PENNANT !! GO NUTS DODGER FANS !!! AND, my beloved DODGERS WON THE PENNANT--DESPITE having an idiot for a MANAGER !! In the only game The Dodgers lost to the Cubs in this series was by a score of 3 to 2 !! In SIX of THE NINE innings , Dumbo Roberts could have used  the sacrifice bunt to move a runner into scoring position !! HE DID NOT DO SO !! In two of those innings , the batter who should have been sacrificing hit INTO A DOUBLE PLAY !! The DOUBLE PLAY not only DESTROYS an inning it takes the BAT out of the hands of a hiitter who AT LEAST has the chance to drive in a RUN !! Some people call this SMALL BALL !! I CALL IT SMART BALL !! Roberts is a [censured ] dummy , imho !! The Dodger OWNERS won this series by getting the right players together !! Now , If they [the Dodger owners] would only get a manager with enough BRAINS to play SMART BASEBALL !!!!!!!!!!

What has Roberts done in LA other than win?  

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the Reds hire him back for another tour.  I realize he's getting up there in age, but Cincy has to do something different.

I can't argue that.  It will be interesting to where he ends up, if any place at all.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Reports are that Cubs fired their pitching coach.

Instead of firing him, they should fire their bench coach and bring in somebody who can tell Maddon not to be an idiot once the 5th inning rolls around.  In the playoffs he freaks out any time a starter allows a runner after the 5th which overworks his bullpen like crazy.  He got bailed out last year, and this year his misuse in the Washington series put them behind the 8 ball to start the LA series.

That, and the hitting was a joke.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Instead of firing him, they should fire their bench coach and bring in somebody who can tell Maddon not to be an idiot once the 5th inning rolls around.  In the playoffs he freaks out any time a starter allows a runner after the 5th which overworks his bullpen like crazy.  He got bailed out last year, and this year his misuse in the Washington series put them behind the 8 ball to start the LA series.

That, and the hitting was a joke.

I guess Bosio had some altercations with the guys on the staff through the years.  I dunno, but it could have had something to do with his departure.  

Maddon reminds me a lot of Dusty.  With the exception being that Joe has won a WS.  I think their both great managers but something changes in the play-offs.  They change their philosophy.  And you are dead on, he wore that staff down in the Washington series.  And you made another point that I will expand on.  It seems like the Cubs, this year, went into team hitting slumps.  And against LA, it was not the right time to do it.

On 10/20/2017 at 2:09 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

The fact that you so strongly value the bunt says quite a bit about how you value managers.  

Archived