MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only made one post on the MLB thread on HSN.02.  My Rockies were looking good at that time.  Soon after , they went into a tail spin. So I am reluctant, as they are hanging on by a thread of making a wild card.  Some hope, as this weekend they entered into a four game set with the Dodgers, and have as, of today, taken 3 or 4.  And then off to the Diamondbacks..... who boy !

I've tuned out the regular season at this point, with the Reds being so bad.  That said, I do expect to get back into it during the playoffs.  Will likely be working in Chicago most of October this year, so it will be interesting to see how the Cubs will do.

I do find the Indians run to be captivating.  Hope they can keep it up.  

Saw the Cubs beat Cards 8-2 at Wrigley Friday.  The first time (that  I can remember) that I saw the pitcher and catcher get tossed back-to-back.  Baez was brilliant at SS making a couple great plays.  The most interesting was on a fair ground ball hit down the LF line.  In Wrigley the LF foul wall juts out and the ball hit the wall and bounced into the outfield instead of going down the line.  Baez had hustled into the OF and was able to make a play on the ball and throw the runner out at 2B.  Down 2-1 the Cubs scored 7 in bottom of 6th for the win.  I thought Matheny let Martinez pitch too long.  He was in trouble in the 4th and 5th.

They both have 13 left.  Cubs away for 4 each v. Cards and Brewers and 2 v. Tampa Bay.  Cubs home for last 3 v. Reds.  Cards away for 6 with 3 each v. Pirates and Reds and finish at home for 7 including Cubs for 4 and Brewers for 3.  So right now Cards still can be seen clearly in Cubs' RVM.

My Cardinals are running out of steam. Well, they've been disappointing all year. If next year is the same, Matheny will be gone very quickly. 

Their hitting philosophy is more about power than average (current MLB trend). They have a lot of good OBP guys, but are struggling because they are trying to kill everything. 

Oh well, maybe next year ;)

I may be the only Twins fan on here. 

Have a Homer Hankie from back in the day. 

Here's hoping they can hold onto the 2nd wildcard spot.

Gotta love a team who brings Bartolo Colon in mid-season as part of their pitching rotation. If a middle-aged fat guy can still win games in the majors, then there is hope for all of us!

2 hours ago, slojoe said:

They both have 13 left.  Cubs away for 4 each v. Cards and Brewers and 2 v. Tampa Bay.  Cubs home for last 3 v. Reds.  Cards away for 6 with 3 each v. Pirates and Reds and finish at home for 7 including Cubs for 4 and Brewers for 3.  So right now Cards still can be seen clearly in Cubs' RVM.

6 games back with 13 to play?

2 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I may be the only Twins fan on here. 

Have a Homer Hankie from back in the day. 

Here's hoping they can hold onto the 2nd wildcard spot.

Gotta love a team who brings Bartolo Colon in mid-season as part of their pitching rotation. If a middle-aged fat guy can still win games in the majors, then there is hope for all of us!

The "Twinkies" have quietly been one of the best baseball stories of the year.

Archived