MLB discussion

rico

Milwaukee made some very nice additions. Probably bumped themselves up to a 88-90 win team. With that said. Cubs are still class of division. Even if Jake or Yu or Cobb don't sign. With that said. Pitchers/Catchers report in 17 days....something has to frickin happen here soon, right??

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Milwaukee made some very nice additions. Probably bumped themselves up to a 88-90 win team. With that said. Cubs are still class of division. Even if Jake or Yu or Cobb don't sign. With that said. Pitchers/Catchers report in 17 days....something has to frickin happen here soon, right??

Been a strange off season for sure concerning the FA market.  

And yes the Cubs are still the class of the division and will remain so for quite a few years to come.  

If the Cubs sign Yu then I think they will remain atop of the division. However, if the Brewers are able to land him I believe they will have as good a chance as the Cubs to win division (assuming cubs don't add much else, or trade). My gut still says the Cubs are going to either sign Darvish or trade for another solid starter though. If nobody makes another move in the division, I would give the Cubs the edge still.

I can not believe that the L.A. Dodger Front Office let YU Darvish sign with the CUBS ?????? Or - that the biggest off season move has been to re-acquire Matt Kemp  ????? Unles some of the lesser renowned pitchers that the Dodgers have added during the off season turn out to really help the Dodger pitching staff get better ? ?? Also , I hated to see My Dodgers let Stanton go from Miami to those [ censured ] and hated New York Crankees ?? I can't believe any team would want to help those darn Crankees , especially The Dodgers with all of the money their Front office Has available to snatch the BEST players ( they let Stanton go the Crankees and Darvish to the CUBS  )  ??????????????????????? I just DON"T UNDERSTSAND the lack of movement by the Dodgers this off season ? Maybe they know something  [good] that I am not aware of ??????????????? At any rate , the FIRST Dodger exhibition game of this season is only ONE WEEK AWAY !! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ???

P.S. I forgot !! My Dodgers also let Andrew McCutcheon go from Pittsburgh to their most hated rivals the San Francisco Gernts !! What the hell is the Dodger Front Office doing [ Or- NOT DOING ] ???

1 hour ago, rico said:

Was just getting ready to link this.  Disagree with a lot of what he said.  For example, Senzel is not going to push Suarez into a platoon.  Either Senzel or Suarez plays short when Senzel gets called up. 

Secondly, I don't think Duvall will be platooning with Winker.  Winker will be getting plenty of PT, but Hamilton and Schebler will give up just as much PT as Duvall does.

Rotation will be better, but it's not going to turn into even an adequate one overnight.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:53 PM, 5fouls said:

Was just getting ready to link this.  Disagree with a lot of what he said.  For example, Senzel is not going to push Suarez into a platoon.  Either Senzel or Suarez plays short when Senzel gets called up. 

Secondly, I don't think Duvall will be platooning with Winker.  Winker will be getting plenty of PT, but Hamilton and Schebler will give up just as much PT as Duvall does.

Rotation will be better, but it's not going to turn into even an adequate one overnight.

I agree, but all the Reds really need is an "average" rotation to be competitive.

On 02/27/2018 at 12:27 PM, Indykev said:

Wow. Saw he had 2 SB's in his first game. I guess you can run when you arent carrying around an extra person.

Kyle's a very determined young man.  If he gets it going this year, look out. 

Ian Happ is playing well in ST, and he may get a shot at starting in CF.   He played 2B in college, but he has the speed to play CF.  He'll not likely ever be the fielder that Almora is in center.  He needs to get used to things like warning tracks and walls.  He's a switch hitter, but he strikes out too much.

Heyward still can't hit a lick.

I think the Cubs will soon become a hitting dominant team.  We'll see.

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Reds' 4-8 spring training so far has me super-pumped for baseball season.  >:(

So your saying they ain't gonna make it to the Cactus League play-offs?  Hmmmmmm.  We got April.........then it will be football season.  

7 hours ago, rico said:

So your saying they ain't gonna make it to the Cactus League play-offs?  Hmmmmmm.  We got April.........then it will be football season.  

Spring training records don't make much difference.  In most games the starting pitchers and the position players are not playing as much as others.

Archived