MLB discussion

rico

On 3/7/2018 at 2:04 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

I heard on the radio that he had lost weight but that's crazy, like a different person.

And it happened pretty quick. Photos started popping up in early January before Cubs convention. I mean he dropped 30 lbs in what 60-70 days since end of October? Really hoping it pays off this year. Never thought of KS as a 40/40 guy? Haha

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, rico said:

I was shocked when I saw this.  Good luck Jake, you are gonna need it.

Players will take note of this. Scott Boras thought he could control the market and it back fired. I hate it for Jake because his 4 years with us was one of the greatest runs ever by a Cubs pitcher. I'm sure with time the details will come out but I feel bad for Jake but also ticked at him. He chose $ and Philly. Have fun with that crew and riding out your career. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Players will take note of this. Scott Boras thought he could control the market and it back fired. I hate it for Jake because his 4 years with us was one of the greatest runs ever by a Cubs pitcher. I'm sure with time the details will come out but I feel bad for Jake but also ticked at him. He chose $ and Philly. Have fun with that crew and riding out your career. 

Well, good luck playing for a loser that is in "rebuild" mode.  And a fine job there Mr. Boras.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2018 at 5:07 PM, rico said:

The Cubs get shut out and the Reds SUCK.

It's only the first week of the season so I'm definitely not too concerned yet, but I am a little disappointed that their offense looks eerily similar to last season where they score 10 runs one game and none the next...they really need to improve upon situational hitting. Chili Davis was brought in to help get that better so we shall see. I really hope they don't have a repeat of last season and dig themselves in a hole the first half of the season as well.

17 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

It's only the first week of the season so I'm definitely not too concerned yet, but I am a little disappointed that their offense looks eerily similar to last season where they score 10 runs one game and none the next...they really need to improve upon situational hitting. Chili Davis was brought in to help get that better so we shall see. I really hope they don't have a repeat of last season and dig themselves in a hole the first half of the season as well.

Actually Fritz my post was from yesterday.  I just now saw the Reds blanked the Cubs.  Wow, 11 K's for the Cincy staff.  

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Cubs starting pitching has been atrocious and I thought I saw that the Cubs had more strikeouts in their first 5 games than any team in MLB history. Like 58 or something like that.

Regardless, Go Cards!

I wonder how many of those strikeouts came with runners in scoring position?

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yadi continues to rake with his 3rd HR of the season. If he keeps playing like this for another 3-5 years, I think he’s HOF-bound. Thoughts? 

If he can continue to put up what his career averages are for 3-5 years, I would say he is easily in.

Opening Day for my Twins today! Plows and blowers needed to remove the 8 inches of snow received over the last couple of days.

Nothing better than the national pastime in the Upper Midwest

:panic::panic:O.o

12 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Opening Day for my Twins today! Plows and blowers needed to remove the 8 inches of snow received over the last couple of days.

Nothing better than the national pastime in the Upper Midwest

:panic::panic:O.o

They should have put a retractable roof on that stadium.

Archived