MLB discussion

rico

5 hours ago, rico said:

My Redleg fandom is at an all-time low right now.  I am losing faith in the organization.  Hell, I don't have any faith with them.  I bought a Cubs hat yesterday.

The Reds game does not start for another 40 minutes, but they already trail 5-0.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you guys get a chance to watch the Braves play, I'd recommend it.  Tons of young talent.

Ozzie Albies might be the most exciting player in the game so far this year, and he's also one of the youngest players at only 21 years old (maybe even the youngest?).

He's currently 20-63 with 15 runs, 5 home runs, 11 RBIs and 8 doubles.  Super exciting player to watch on offense and on defense.

They also have Ronald Acuna coming up soon who is the #1 overall prospect in baseball right now.  I've hated watching them beat up on the Cubs, but they sure are a fun team to watch.

21 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

If you guys get a chance to watch the Braves play, I'd recommend it.  Tons of young talent.

Ozzie Albies might be the most exciting player in the game so far this year, and he's also one of the youngest players at only 21 years old (maybe even the youngest?).

He's currently 20-63 with 15 runs, 5 home runs, 11 RBIs and 8 doubles.  Super exciting player to watch on offense and on defense.

They also have Ronald Acuna coming up soon who is the #1 overall prospect in baseball right now.  I've hated watching them beat up on the Cubs, but they sure are a fun team to watch.

Agreed. And they are putting a whooping on the Cubs.

15 minutes ago, rico said:

I am.....wearing my Cubs hat now.  They won today.  Bought a Schwarber jersey this morning!!!!!!

That's awesome you bought a Schwarber jersey! I just have my old school players jerseys...Sandberg and Grace. I should pick my son up a Schwarber jersey though.

9 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I figured the Cubs were going down today when they were losing big early. Good to see them battle back.

That’s a terrible loss for the Braves. Up 10-2 and you blow it?

on a side note, the Reds stinks. The cardinals aren’t special and have been putting a whooping on them. 

8 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Yep...and I'll take it! I just hope the Cubs aren't going to repeat last seasons first half struggles.

I’d be okay with them struggling haha. I’m torn on the cardinals. I obviously want them to do well but I also think Matheny isn’t good enough so maybe another year of missing the playoffs would be enough to fire him. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d be okay with them struggling haha. I’m torn on the cardinals. I obviously want them to do well but I also think Matheny isn’t good enough so maybe another year of missing the playoffs would be enough to fire him. 

Ha. Most Cardinal fans I know want Matheny gone. I think redbirds can challenge for wild card this year...we'll see!

The Reds are Exhibit A if you don't draft well and develop your farm system...bottom of the division/league is what you get. We see it in all sports. Besides the winning, titles,etc...the Cubs have enjoyed the last 3 seasons the one thing I really am happy about is our farm system won't ever be neglected again. 

On a side note...I'll keep saying what Rizzo said. Cubs should start every year in Miami or Dome or warmer climates for 9 games. Come home for 3 game series to get Opener festivities out of the way and head west to for another 10 game road trip. No way baseball should be played in that weather yesterday...and contrary to what someone mentioned in RL thread....one of several reasons Chicago leads major cities in population lost is weather like yesterday. Wind chills of 20's in Mid-April with no warm temps in sight. I have tickets for Tuesday night game vs Cards. Doesn't even seem fun anymore. 

10 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Stop the pressed ! Kershaw fans 12 & wins first game in 4 tries !!!! My Dodgers are 5 & 9 ! Next up ?? Three games with the  San Diego Padres in the battle for last place ! Bah humbug !!??

As a Reds fan that grew up in the 70's, I can honestly say that I hate the Dodgers.  

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:01 PM, 5fouls said:

The Reds game does not start for another 40 minutes, but they already trail 5-0.

As a Reds fan baseball season is already over for me.  it looks like another top 3 draft pick but in baseball that is no sure thing.

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Cubs/Cards postponed. Will be a doubleheader in July. Are we on a record pace for rainouts/postponements? 

Yes we are. I had tickets for Home Opener. Made the call not to drive up from Indy. Had tickets to tonight. Made the call yesterday to say no way. Good news is they are giving us tickets to first game on July 21st. Bad news. I have a wedding that day...haha....someone is trying to tell me to stay away from Wrigley.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes we are. I had tickets for Home Opener. Made the call not to drive up from Indy. Had tickets to tonight. Made the call yesterday to say no way. Good news is they are giving us tickets to first game on July 21st. Bad news. I have a wedding that day...haha....someone is trying to tell me to stay away from Wrigley.

That stinks! Are you in the wedding or just a guest haha

Archived