MLB discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Meanwhile, the Yankees continue to stay hot while they are on a historic run and has the best record in baseball! :nansplit:

Stanton has gone from Booos to OOOOs with his 3rd multi HR game (3).

That is all, you may not continue your Cards/Cubs discussions......

Go Yanks

I think it's great the Yankees are playing well. I mean they've made the postseason 1 of the last 5 seasons so given the resources I think it's about time they join the fray again. Unlike other legendary franchises...Yankees don't put up with not being part of discussion well and for that reason I've always like them. Plus huge Donny Baseball fan.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And the Reds trade for him picking up salary for him and another. Worth the risk but paying his salary is a little puzzling given the cheapness of Cincinnati in recent years.

They got rid of Mesoraco who is making $13 million this year compared to Harvey making under $6 million.

Mets lost D'arnoud to Tommy John surgery, so they needed another catcher.

Mets were probably the only team willing to take Mesoraco since they needed a catcher and were going to lose Harvey if they didn't trade him, so I would guess it is more about dumping his salary than actually wanting Harvey.

4 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

They got rid of Mesoraco who is making $13 million this year compared to Harvey making under $6 million.

Mets lost D'arnoud to Tommy John surgery, so they needed another catcher.

Mets were probably the only team willing to take Mesoraco since they needed a catcher and were going to lose Harvey if they didn't trade him, so I would guess it is more about dumping his salary than actually wanting Harvey.

Not true if this is correct......

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/05/mets-trade-matt-harvey-reds.html

29 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I didn't see that earlier. That's just a weird move for the Reds. You'd think they could have gotten some money out of the deal from the Mets.

Yep. When I saw the trade announced I was like what in the world are the Reds doing besides doing more Reds moves.

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. When I saw the trade announced I was like what in the world are the Reds doing besides doing more Reds moves.

And we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!

A simply fantastic move on the Reds part, to yet again prove their lunacy.  I can't say it enough, I am fed up and my fandom is pretty much done.  God, I hate saying that but it is true.  When the little lady gets pissed at me she tells me to "go fly a kite".  Hell, the Reds front office can't even do that.  Nothing but a series of complete bone-headed moves.  Rant over with, my BP is sky rocketing.

Sorry Cubs fans, but borrowing a phrase from the late Harry Carey....   HOLY COW!!!!

The Yankees win a slugfest against the Sawks tonight 9-6!! They will go for the sweep tomorrow. This team is scary good right now, hope they can keep it going! I'm hoping my 10 year old grandson (who I made a Yankee fan, his Dad is a Tigers fan), will see them hang #28.

8 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

My Dodgers are now 16 & 20 after finaly beating the Snakes ! OMG ! Now we've got a four game series with the Red Hot Cincinnati Reds ! I guess we will be 16  & 24 after this series ? P.S. I hate those DAMN Yankees !!!!!!!!

You got one thing right...Cincinnati is "RED HOT".  As hot as a dumpster fire can get.

Red hot Reds 4 my poorly managed Dodgers One !!! Bums now 16 & 21 !!! Last night ,  the  Bums leave Eight Runners on base in first 3 innings ! Dimwit Dave Roberts fails to use the sacrifice bunt to eliminate the double play possibility by the defense ( eternally ) I 've been a Dodgers fan since 1948 and I can't stand Robert's failure to use small/SMART ball !!

39 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Red hot Reds 4 my poorly managed Dodgers One !!! Bums now 16 & 21 !!! Last night ,  the  Bums leave Eight Runners on base in first 3 innings ! Dimwit Dave Roberts fails to use the sacrifice bunt to eliminate the double play possibility by the defense ( eternally ) I 've been a Dodgers fan since 1948 and I can't stand Robert's failure to use small/SMART ball !!

HTD...the Reds got lucky.  But if memory serves me correctly the Dodgers only had 4 hits.

5 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Red  Hot Cincinnati Reds 6 LA Bums 2 ! Dimwit Dave Roberts SUCKS , imho !!? Bums are now 16 & 22 !!

And LA was held to 5 hits, one of them being a gift.  Gotta to admit, the Reds seem to be playing good ball right now.  And oh yeah, Matt Harvey had a nice debut.

Archived