MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Amazing Red Hot Reds 5 LA Bums 3 !!! Dave Roberts totally SUCKS !! Homer Bailey was 0 & 5 , yet , Bailey gets the Win ???? The Bums had 15 baserunners , 12 Hits and left 11 runners on base ! How I hope Roberts gets FIRED !!!!!??

I am luvin" it!!!!!!  vbg

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

The Dodgers have lost 3 in a row, 6 of their last 7, and 13 of their last 18.  Teams played during that stretch: Miami, SF, Arizona, SD, and Cincinnati.  Only Arizona is over .500, and Miami, SD, and Cinci aren't even close to .500.  Rough stretch for the Dodgers.

I am curious if the Reds have ever swept the Dodgers in a 4 game series?  

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I think the bidding for Machado, Harper, and Kershaw this offseason is going to get crazy.

I don't think teams will be able to slow play it as much as they did this offseason.

$300 million each for the first 2. No clue on Kershaw. Orioles should be able load up a little for Machado within next month or so. Although their front office in last few years is very puzzling. Dodgers (after Seager injury) seem like a landing spot. Cubs last year I would have said yes...but unless Theo is playing poker with the media again....he isn't planning on dumping Russell, maybe Montgomery, and a prospect for 5 months. 

LA Bums now 16 & 24 as I predicted ! Roberts is pathetic !!!! San Diego is in last place in the West division , yet the Padres take 2 of 3 from the bumd !! The Reds are in last place in the Central division and the Reds Sweep the Bums in 4 straight !!!  Next up is the last place team in the East division , Miami ! Miami will win this 3 game series as well , or I'll be Shocked !!!

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think the Yankees will land two of the big three free agents. 

Will be weird if they did. Assuming what we know about Bryce and his affinity for the Cubs...that's one they miss on.  Machado could be there but Gregorious is a really good SS so I would say 50/50 maybe.  Kershaw is a native Texan and I've read more than 1 article saying he might want to go back home and play for the rest of his career. Will be exciting to see what happens.

To me there's a real chance of missing all 3. If I had to choose 1 that would go there...it would be Kershaw. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Will be weird if they did. Assuming what we know about Bryce and his affinity for the Cubs...that's one they miss on.  Machado could be there but Gregorious is a really good SS so I would say 50/50 maybe.  Kershaw is a native Texan and I've read more than 1 article saying he might want to go back home and play for the rest of his career. Will be exciting to see what happens.

To me there's a real chance of missing all 3. If I had to choose 1 that would go there...it would be Kershaw. 

Machado has played third for most of his career. I doubt that will be the deciding factor. 

I guess Kershaw could go to Houston, but most people dont think they'll even pay Keuchel. Texas ducks, doubt he goes there. I still would pick the Yanks. 

30 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Machado has played third for most of his career. I doubt that will be the deciding factor. 

I guess Kershaw could go to Houston, but most people dont think they'll even pay Keuchel. Texas ducks, doubt he goes there. I still would pick the Yanks. 

I thought Machado only moved to 3rd because Hardy was SS. He said before season he's staying  at SS wherever he goes. Either way I would think it would be a factor for Yankees. About $800 Million in those 3 players alone. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I thought Machado only moved to 3rd because Hardy was SS. He said before season he's staying  at SS wherever he goes. Either way I would think it would be a factor for Yankees. About $800 Million in those 3 players alone. 

If he said that, I missed it. If he is dead set on playing short then I agree it makes the Yankees a tough fit. As he is getting closer to aging youd think he would want to take a look at the less taxing position. 

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think the Yankees will land two of the big three free agents. 

As a Yankee fan I would take Machado only if he's willing to play 3rd base. I'm liking Didi right now. I would pass on Bryce as I think he could be a "cancer" in the locker room and Kershaw? No thanks, he stinks when it comes play off time.

28 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If he said that, I missed it. If he is dead set on playing short then I agree it makes the Yankees a tough fit. As he is getting closer to aging youd think he would want to take a look at the less taxing position. 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/manny-machado-explains-move-to-shortstop-and-talks-free-agency-im-going-to-get-mine/

Wild play just happened in the Cubs and Braves game. Freeman stole second, ball kicked off his leg into left. Went to 3rd and got sent home. Schwarber's throw is caught by Contreras as Freeman is basically stepping on his glove. I think if Contreras isn't there to catch it, Freeman probably steps on the ball as it's going by.

I'll post the video when I find one, but kind of a crazy play all around.

Archived