MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, rico said:

I remember Jeff Foxworthy one time was talking about playing golf with Smoltz.  They each hit their drives on the first hole and Smoltz smoked one past his.  Foxworthy said Smoltz nonchalantly asked him if he heard about the new mall they were building around here.  Foxworthy goes, oh yeah?  Where at?  Smoltz says, somewhere between my ball and yours.

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's insane.  His OPS is now 2.881.

Is that his OPS, or your BAC after a long season of Reds baseball?

I didn't see his other ones, but his grand slam today wasn't a cheap one.  Left center and quite a few rows up.  I also read that since Statcast started tracking in 2015, he's hit the hardest ball by any Red's player when he hit one 116.5 mph on a single earlier this month.  He's having one hell of a run.

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And I'm a Cubs fan. The voting process is a joke. For example. I voted Lester  only. Rest of the guys need the 3-4 days off so I voted for none of them.

The voting process has always been a joke.  

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Blake Snell might be the biggest All Star snub in recent memory. Leading the AL in ERA, 8th in strikeouts, 8th in WHIP, 2nd in wins. He should definitely be there.

I'd throw Andrew Benintendi out there as a snub as well. He may make it as a final vote, but he has better numbers than every DH and OF that made it as a reserve in the AL. 

34 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'd throw Andrew Benintendi out there as a snub as well. He may make it as a final vote, but he has better numbers than every DH and OF that made it as a reserve in the AL. 

just read that a big reason Snell and Benintendi didn't make it was due to numbers. Some teams didn't really have anybody deserving so their best player took spots from those guys. That's why we get Choo, Brantley, and Joe Jimenez instead of Snell and Benintendi.

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

just read that a big reason Snell and Benintendi didn't make it was due to numbers. Some teams didn't really have anybody deserving so their best player took spots from those guys. That's why we get Choo, Brantley, and Joe Jimenez instead of Snell and Benintendi.

Every team must be represented.........stupid rule.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

$$$$$$$$$$

I don't care.....stupid rule.  I think back to 1989.  Robin Yount was the AL MVP, but yet wasn't on the AS team.  As a matter of fact the HoFer played 20 years, but only appeared in the AS game 3 times?  Wow.

43 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Firing made sense. Only thing that is a little odd is doing it not before All Star Break but with 1 game left before break. Could have made the same move tomorrow. Probably shows how fractured that whole operation is.

Assume Girardi will eventually be named coach but if I'm him...I make sure the whole team/front office is on same page. Joe's been down that road before with Yankees. Doesn't want to do it again.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Firing made sense. Only thing that is a little odd is doing it not before All Star Break but with 1 game left before break. Could have made the same move tomorrow. Probably shows how fractured that whole operation is.

Assume Girardi will eventually be named coach but if I'm him...I make sure the whole team/front office is on same page. Joe's been down that road before with Yankees. Doesn't want to do it again.

Seems the perfect fit for Joe.

Archived