MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Machado was just pulled from the Orioles game.  I read a tweet that the Orioles said it was because of the wet field, but other word out today sounds like a trade is real close.

Interesting.

17 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Machado was just pulled from the Orioles game.  I read a tweet that the Orioles said it was because of the wet field, but other word out today sounds like a trade is real close.

Wet field=potential injury=hurts trade value. Still guessing where he ends up but I'll stick with Dodgers.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wet field=potential injury=hurts trade value. Still guessing where he ends up but I'll stick with Dodgers.

I'm putting my money on the Phillies. I'm guessing they're waiting until the day after the all star game to be able to let him play in the game as an Oriole. I'll go on record predicting a trade to the Phillies on Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm putting my money on the Phillies. I'm guessing they're waiting until the day after the all star game to be able to let him play in the game as an Oriole. I'll go on record predicting a trade to the Phillies on Wednesday.

Sounds like it on twitter this morning as well. Plenty of pressure now to compete in Philly after Eagles title and 76ers strong year. Makes sense for them to make a move.

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like it on twitter this morning as well. Plenty of pressure now to compete in Philly after Eagles title and 76ers strong year. Makes sense for them to make a move.

All the chatter today has switched from the Phillies to the Dodgers.  Seems like it will be announced tomorrow no matter who wins the sweepstakes.

17 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

All the chatter today has switched from the Phillies to the Dodgers.  Seems like it will be announced tomorrow no matter who wins the sweepstakes.

Felt pretty strong the other day the Dodgers would get him. They don't value the future so they never have a problem trading prospects,etc...to get what they want. Even a 3 1/2 month rental.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Felt pretty strong the other day the Dodgers would get him. They don't value the future so they never have a problem trading prospects,etc...to get what they want. Even a 3 1/2 month rental.

Kinda reminds me of the Yankees a few years ago. Was hoping my Yanks would get him but the asking price was too high and Cashman is keeping the young talent. The farm remains strong.

Still waiting for Machado trade to be finalized ! PINS & NEEDLES time !!!!!!!!!!!  It has been  30 years since my Dodgers have won the World Series !! Getting Machado would be a huge step in doing that ( winning another World Series ) !! The Dodgers are also trying to pick up another reliever by trade !  They recently picked up a pitcher on waivers from Colorado ! Don't know much about him though !!

4 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Still waiting for Machado trade to be finalized ! PINS & NEEDLES time !!!!!!!!!!!  It has been  30 years since my Dodgers have won the World Series !! Getting Machado would be a huge step in doing that ( winning another World Series ) !! The Dodgers are also trying to pick up another reliever by trade !  They recently picked up a pitcher on waivers from Colorado ! Don't know much about him though !!

Not so fast my friend! Sounds like there's a hold up due to physicals of some of the prospects Baltimore would get. Reportedly not Diaz, the highest ranked prospect supposedly going to Baltimore. I would guess they still get a deal done, but could open the door for the Phillies.

52 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Not so fast my friend! Sounds like there's a hold up due to physicals of some of the prospects Baltimore would get. Reportedly not Diaz, the highest ranked prospect supposedly going to Baltimore. I would guess they still get a deal done, but could open the door for the Phillies.

I think it was reported earlier they got past the injury concerns. 5 prospects with Diaz being the lead one. Not a bad haul for Baltimore. And if it helps Dodgers win a title it's worth it for them too.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think it was reported earlier they got past the injury concerns. 5 prospects with Diaz being the lead one. Not a bad haul for Baltimore. And if it helps Dodgers win a title it's worth it for them too.

Yeah, it's official now. Just wanted to give HTD a little grief.

It's like the Cubs trade for Chapman. Helped them win a World Series, so totally worth it. If the Dodgers win it all, totally worth it. Might give them a better shot at signing him too if he likes it there. Either way, good trade for the Orioles.

19 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Yeah, it's official now. Just wanted to give HTD a little grief.

It's like the Cubs trade for Chapman. Helped them win a World Series, so totally worth it. If the Dodgers win it all, totally worth it. Might give them a better shot at signing him too if he likes it there. Either way, good trade for the Orioles.

Yep. I laugh when I hear my Cubs brethren complain about what we gave up to get Chapman. It gave us a title. Everything was worth it. Time will tell on Dodgers and Cubs for that matter....so far as I can tell the title is coming from AL. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I laugh when I hear my Cubs brethren complain about what we gave up to get Chapman. It gave us a title. Everything was worth it. Time will tell on Dodgers and Cubs for that matter....so far as I can tell the title is coming from AL. 

I think the biggest question for the Dodgers will be their pitching.  Kershaw's velocity has been down this year, and I don't think he'll be as dominant as he has been in the past.  Will Stripling keep up his outstanding 1st half?  After that, Maeda, Wood, Hill, and the rest are serviceable, but depth with your 4th and 5th starter and long relievers doesn't win you playoff games.

My Dodgers are not done yet . Mark it down , the Dodgers are going to trade for a solid relief pitcher or a decent starter so they can they can move one of their starters to the  bullpen ! Don't forget about Julio Urias ! He is starting to throw again along with a couple of other injured Dodger pitchers ! Kershaw has had 3 straight decent starts ! I think the Dodger pitching problems (?) are going to be fine ! After all , they ( Dodgers ) are in first place in the National League West Division even with Kershaw with only 3 wins ? The Dodgers owners go out and get the best talent and team depth !  Team depth is the reason for Dodger success , not Dave Roberts ! But , Roberts will get the credit if the Dodgers do win their first Word Series title since 1988 !!

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

See the difference in sports trades because San Antonio got an All Star for Leonard but the Baltimore only can get prospects.  Watched MLB.network and the announcers were not impressed with what Baltimore got back for Machado.

Not too surprising. The Yankees were in the Machado trade rumors but Baltimores asking price was too high. seems like that's the way it goes when the guys in Pinstripes are involved in trades. Anybody else, they get scrubs!

But they are looking for starting pitching so they can close the gap with the Sawks. Hopefully they can get someone before those Dodger bums do!!

21 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not too surprising. The Yankees were in the Machado trade rumors but Baltimores asking price was too high. seems like that's the way it goes when the guys in Pinstripes are involved in trades. Anybody else, they get scrubs!

But they are looking for starting pitching so they can close the gap with the Sawks. Hopefully they can get someone before those Dodger bums do!!

My team the Reds are not in the mix for the top players most of the time and at the deadline are usually sellers.

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

The Yankees are honestly having a phenomenal season and it is being overshadowed by how good the Red Sox are. 

Archived